12v noob

hunter1810

hey everyone. i bought a 95 single cab 2500 with a 12v a few weeks ago. theres a few things wrong with it which im fixing now. i have the trans out and gonna rebuild it this weekend. im mainly gonna be using this truck for a daily driver/hunting rig/ pulling a little, but nothing to heavy. i would like to get around 350 to 375 hp and keep the truck from smoking like sob. how much would it take to get to that, and how reliable would it be. i really dont want my fuel milage to take a crap, but im sure it will adding more hp to it. if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

one more thing, i order the trans rebuild kit form patc. they say it should be good for 500 hp even though i dont need to get anywhere near that. i also got a new tc with it.

thanks in advance
hunter1810

A stock convertor will not like anything more than stock horsepower IMHO.
I would think for what your after, fuel plate out or 100 plate what ever floats your boat, afc mods, hx40, 5x.012's will suffice. You will have many different options

Just my $.02

thanks man. im finding it harder to find information on low hp compared to high hp. most people are going far beyond what im trying to do. thanks for the help

thanks man. im finding it harder to find information on low hp compared to high hp. most people are going far beyond what im trying to do. thanks for the help

Did you not notice the name of the forum?

This is not the place for everyone.

That's because this site is called Competition Diesel. Most talk here is about pushing the envelope, not bone stock farm trucks. Probably aren't going to find much info pertaining to your goals here. I'm not busting your balls, but nobody here cares about a 350 hp truck. That's not what this site is about. You should check out DieselTruckResource.com. You'll find exactly what you're looking for. Good luck, man.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

reading through all these different websites this one seemed to have the most knowledge, and class. guess im not on par with you guys here. i will now lower myself to the level im supposed to be at and take my farm truck somehwere else.

thanks
hunter1810

reading through all these different websites this one seemed to have the most knowledge, and class. guess im not on par with you guys here. i will now lower myself to the level im supposed to be at and take my farm truck somehwere else.

thanks
hunter1810

I would still lurk here...A LOT. You will learn A LOT doing so.

thanks
hunter1810
We do have the most knowledge.

Class, maybe...

You are welcome here. My truck isn't much past what you want.

But trucks like that aren't the focus here...

Its mostly the only site I get on, and most people here have more moneys in turbos than I have in my truck.

Back