12v performance

bigsexy7.3

I have just recently purchased a 1995 12v eclb that I would like to build eventually into a decent 2.5 truck. Im not new to diesels as Ive been pulling with my 7.3 f250 for a few years now. I spent a few days reading thru old threads and have learned a few things along with having mostly cummins guys I hang out with. From what Ive research It sounds like Im going to be going with 5x.018 injectors, 4k gvs, mod the afc .191 dv, 60lb valve springs, titanium retainers and keepers. Im still Learning on what exactly to set the timing at from stock to modified but will learn as I go. My truck right now has an ats manifold, 4in exhaust, afe intake and valair organic dual disk. What is the best or recommanded order to do things in?
Last but not least does anyone have tips or recommandations for pulling with a handshaker. The truck has 4.10 gears and 285/70.16s so I think Im going to try pulling in 3rd gear. Any helps good help. Thanks

IMO, I would get my pump maxed/benched, that'll help you make more power and the truck will run much smoother and cleaner. You could also go with a little smaller injectors. Something like 5x14's or 5x16's should give you plenty of fuel with a maxed out pump to do good in a 2.5 class. Just my $.02. otherwise it all looks like a fairly solid plan. Good luck with the build bud!

Daniel I would recommend Seth at DPE for the pump work. If you want a built head I can set you up with that as well I was going to use it on mine but the 6.7 came along so it is not needed anymore. As for gear stay away from 3rd it is weak in the 4500, I ran 2nd high, or 4th low with same gears and tires out here.

How do I get a hold of Seth and do you all know what he charges to do a pump?

He is a vendor on here but the number is 816-324-0039. I dont remember what he charged it was a few years ago.

I just talked to Seth today. It's $300 to get your pump maxed/benched. And you'll have to pay the shipping to get it to him and back as well. He does good work though. Haven't heard one bad report on anything he's touched.

Back