12v ve into 03?

srt cummins

My brother has a 90 12v ve that's running in his single cab truck now. His 03 has a volleyball size hole on the driver side. He wants to swap the 12v what would be needed to make the gauge cluster work? What else is needed also?

Non I/c also

I don't know where to begin?
That's a LOT of "little" differences to list out.

I know the block won't work unless you fab extensions to bolt the CR mounts to.
The engine mount bolt holes are much further forward on a VE 12 valve.

You can use a 2nd gen engine plate and bolt it up to the later transmission.

If it's a manual, that clears up a bit of the wiring nest.

Mark.

I'm just giving him my block and crank the rest is up to him. He's just going to sell his 90 ram and a couple race cars to pay for the build.

98 and newer 5.9 blocks will bolt in.... ;)

PM me if you have questions, Ive done a 12 valve swap into an 05.

98 and newer 5.9 blocks will bolt in.... ;)

PM me if you have questions, Ive done a 12 valve swap into an 05.
Yep, a guy I know, who sells a lot of parts on the auction site, has done 2 24 valves with VE pumps into '05 and '07 trucks.
This last one, the '05, has a 68RFE bolted to it and it works some kind of AWESOME, for an automatic!
He was just here today with his '05 VE'd 24 valve and that thing sounds some kinda' nasty with the timing pumped up like it is.
You'd swear he'd put a VP engine in it. ;)

He really needs to back the timing off a bit.

Mark.

Last edited:
Yep, a guy I know, who sells a lot of parts on the auction site, has done 2 24 valves with VE pumps into '05 and '07 trucks.
This last one, the '05, has a 68RFE bolted to it and it works some kind of AWESOME, for an automatic!
He was just here today with his '05 VE'd 24 valve and that thing sounds some kinda' nasty with the timing pumped up like it is.
You'd swear he'd put a VP engine in it. ;)

He really needs to back the timing off a bit.

Mark.

In reality, most of these transmissions need to see a few things to shift just like life was normal and wont really care what engine is in front of it. RPM, MAP, TPS, etc. Figure those out and you can have just about any auto behind any engine. I copped out and went stand alone, saved lots of time. :)

Although that is very interesting he has a 68 in an 05, I wonder what computer he is using. Or if its stand alone like the 48 in my dads conversion.

Well, the '07 Transmission Computer for the 68rfe is separate from the ECM, which is why the 6.7s use the same ECM, manual or auto.
Sure, the wiring harness for the TC integrates some power connections, but it's all separable from the engine harness.

Mark.

Your location says Artesia. That wouldn't happen to be Artesia, CA would it?

Thinking about a 95 in an 07 anyone done 12v 47rh combo in the 3rd Gen.?

Back