12v with dodge trans in 97 ford, who's done it?!

fummins97

Currently running e4od behind 12 valve, wanting to switch to dodge trans. I know its been done, but couldn't find a good build thread with pics. Looking for real advice, what trans, what t-case, mods to linkage, mods to driveshaft, etc. Pictures are huge help, anyone?

searched for awhile, still can't find anyone using dodge auto in 90's Ford. Anything???

The 47re is electronic and you can get a stand alone computer/ valvebody combo or use the factory dodge computer from 96 to 98.4.
The 47rh shifts 1,2,3, hydralic lock up and overdrive electrically You could use the computer out of a 94 or 95 that came with this transmission or pressure switches or even just switches.
I would choose your transmission and find one with a transfer case attached .I hope this helps Rich

Why you want to go away from the E4OD?

only because I am so sick to death of this PCS and the terrible support it came with. Haven't drove my truck in 3 months solely because of that damn thing. Again tonight I tried to get into it and adjust some things. Here's my current problems, put it into drive and the truck acts like its in fourth gear or like the brakes are locked, the turbo actually tries to spool because the truck just will not go. Put it into first manually and it will at least move. On the PCS monitor, shift it into P, R, or N and it says it is. But shift into D, 2, or 1 and its says 'E'. Plus I recalibrated the TPS and now when at idle the TPS says 100%, if I touch the throttle it goes right to 0% on up accordingly. I don't get that other then maybe the TPS is **** already after replacing it last year. Lastly, on the Monitor Screen under current modes, its saying its on Analog Failure which I can't find anything on but that just sounds bad.
So I built this truck to drive to Florida and back, since the last fummins I built had the compushift box and that thing sucked too and I could never drive it far. Spent the money on the PCS from Destroked and have every problem imaginable and no one around me knows anything about them. I want to drive this truck everyday everywhere and its just not happening. I'm sick of it, I'm pissed at destroked, I don't expect them to get my specific shifts perfect but I want help and they don't answer phones, don't have anyone there to help today or just hang up while I'm on hold.
That's the rant, I have a truck I can't drive, that's why I want to know what's all involved with the dodge auto swap.

Have you talked to Tim aka MoSmoke?He did my programing.I have a few I could send you.

yes I have, he's helped quite a bit. I would really like to just go to him but he's 13 hours away so I'm trying to find something a little closer. I have to believe that I have something wrong with either my wiring or something. It seems like a load a new tune and something else isn't quite right. I've gone over it a few times, but can't find anything wrong. idk. If you don't mind cliff, send me whatever you've got and I'll load them in this weekend. mrix13@yahoo.com thanks

A 47rh is simple I have one in my 95 (That is currently apart). I was actually thinking about going back with a 47re with a standalone PCS. As I have had one in my 04 dodge (originally 6 speed) and it worked awesome
I loved the way it shifted

I've seen more support on here for the pcs controlled dodge tranny but I would still be a little hesitant to go through this again. What did you do to control lockup and o/d on the RH? Did you have pics in the build thread?

I have a PCS in my 12v X with a 4r100 works awesome. Who's harness do you have? Was it new when you started?

Before you go throwing the e4od out let's fix the Electrical issues and you will fall back in love. Your close don't give up. I can help you if you want.

yes, bought everything new from destroked. It would be great to keep it, save me some money and make the wife happy! I wrote down everything wire I connected, maybe that would be a good place to start. If you know the right connections, I could put them on here and do a double check.

I've seen more support on here for the pcs controlled dodge tranny but I would still be a little hesitant to go through this again. What did you do to control lockup and o/d on the RH? Did you have pics in the build thread?
I did pressure switches at first but then I had problems with my trans (not cause of the pressure switches) Internals later I switched to just 2 toggle 1 for OD and the other for TQ converter.
http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115269

yes, bought everything new from destroked. It would be great to keep it, save me some money and make the wife happy! I wrote down everything wire I connected, maybe that would be a good place to start. If you know the right connections, I could put them on here and do a double check.

Let's start there and then will move onto data logging.

sorry for the delay. Right now I have the tach, tach grnd, vss, and vss signal grnd, switched power and a ground hooked up, as well as the range connector wires. Wondering if Brake Light and Speedometer should be wired in, my speedo doesn't match my PCS monitor speedo.

there nice to have put not needed. Which wires do you have hooked up for the range selector. Something doesnt seem right.

range selector wires as follows:
GRN & GRY (4x4 module) not connected as I have manual shift t-case
Blue (start) connected to Wht/Pink (start circuit)
White (start) to R/LghtBlue (start circuit)
Yellow (Backup lamp) to Prpl/Orng (backup lamps feed)
Orange (backup lamp) to Blk/Prpl (backup lamps feed)

has anyone experienced on the PCS monitor showing the gear selector, it reads correct until shifted to Drive, the monitor shows "E"?

How about this, anyone that has paid for a conversion using PCS, can you tell me where and how's it working? Thinking of just trailering my truck to a shop, wherever it is, and having it done. Cheaper then another trans swap I guess.

Back