13mm troubles cold weather or ?????

martin_e_wilson

my truck has 191dv 150hp 24v injectors set at vp pressure 093 lines and since it has got cold if you rev it up slowly on free rev no load it runs rough like its not burning all the fuel. timing is set at 21*/ timing light says 16*, advanced it to 23*/timing light 19* maybe helped not very much though. Its kinda wierd if you shut it off and leave it set then fire it up it will rev smooth as glass then after it idles for a few minutes it starts to get rough if you rev it up slow.

my truck has 191dv 150hp 24v injectors set at vp pressure 093 lines and since it has got cold if you rev it up slowly on free rev no load it runs rough like its not burning all the fuel. timing is set at 21*/ timing light says 16*, advanced it to 23*/timing light 19* maybe helped not very much though. Its kinda wierd if you shut it off and leave it set then fire it up it will rev smooth as glass then after it idles for a few minutes it starts to get rough if you rev it up slow.

Also put clear hose on pressure and return couldn't see any air? Could it be a injector nozzle when it warms up its cracked?

You need to check the timing and see exactly where it is. Timing light has to many variables to be accurate. Once you know where it is then check it with the light and then only use the light to make sure it hasnt slipped.

What do you have the fuel set at? You say this a 13mm right? Stock engine? There are a lot of things that may cause this but you need to give more info on the truck

What do you mean by runs rough? Does it pop and miss? Are you trying this when its stone cold?

Fuel is at 500cc with plate all the way back, I think it's 200cc pre boost afc allows full travel around 20psi boost. Piston protrusion .023 and I'm running the thicker head gasket 20 over, has pdr quick spool cam 12v, not ported, bd twins but changed out the superb for a 6280 phat shaft.

Well the .020 gasket just dropped your CR down to around 15:1 instead of the stock 16:1. At that CR its not doing you any favors. Once it warms up does it still do it? Are you plugging the truck in to keep the block temps up or is it ambient temp?

Edit that 15:1ish CR

Last edited:
stone cold it will rev up slowly smooth after it warms but it kinda acts like a cold motor, or if you say rev it up to 1500 it acts like its missing not running on all 6??

guys at haisely told me they dont bother changing pop off pressure? so thats what I did, figured my injectors were designed for pressure they are set at wasnt sure if they would slobber fuel if they were set at a lower pop off?

Have your pop off pressures reset on your injector had the same think happen to my p-pump 24v with vp injectors runs a little wiered cause it isint atomizeing the fuel like it should

guys at haisely told me they dont bother changing pop off pressure? so thats what I did, figured my injectors were designed for pressure they are set at wasnt sure if they would slobber fuel if they were set at a lower pop off?

Have your pop off pressures reset on your injector had the same think happen to my p-pump 24v with vp injectors runs a little wiered cause it isint atomizeing the fuel like it should

If you have the injector pressure reset, then have them set to 300 bar/4350 psi. Lowering the popoff pressure is a bandaid used with the 12mm pumps and is counterproductive with a 13mm pump.

I have found that 280bar+ runs much better than stock ~260. So with a more pressure of a 13mm i'd say 300bar is right about where you would want them.

Back