13s

navistarboy

So what will it take to get into the mid or low 13s? The truck is a SC, SB, with no lift. So lets see your list.

List what you have already installed on your truck and we can add accordingly.

I just have a DP chip, 5'' exhaust, and an afe intake. As far as the trans goes will a good t/c and v/b hold it?

What year is the 7.3? Turbo/Injectors/tranny and maybe a shot of nitrous depending on the Rods in the truck.

DI Mini-Me's, GTP38R, reburnt chip, pray your tranny holds up or do a Sun Coast rebuild kit, and a lot of practice (depending on if you're 2wd or 4wd).

Ive got a buddy who has a 96 F350, standard cab, long bed. Has a Wildman chip with swamp stage twos, 4 inch straight pipe, and a AFE Stage 2, and a fresh tranny, ran a 13.8 in the quarter. Will be on national tv too in Feb. on Speeds new show call Pass Time. So im sure Stage 2s and a hot chip, with a beefy tranny should get you in the high 13s.

navistarboy said:
So what will it take to get into the mid or low 13s? The truck is a SC, SB, with no lift. So lets see your list.

You avatar is from the buck... I go there all the time.

If you need some help let me know...

I think Mini-Me's with a good hpop (not wore out), a H2E/ HX50 and some good tuning with get you get you into the high 13's. You probably could spray this combination and get low 13's (chip needs to be programmed to the N2o) I've seen trucks like yours with a chip/exhaust/cold air and a stock tranny go 15.o's The tranny usually takes a dump short thereafter though.

My 8010lb beast broke into the 13's with stock gears, 35" tires, low fuel pressure and a 120 race tune from Jody. With the mods in my sig of course. After some live tuning next month, I am hoping for mid 13's in Bakersfield. I might even throw in a set of stock wheels and tires to see if it does any better that way.

So no one thinks a good T/C will hold my tranny. I guess I need to save more $ :doh:
BTW thanks for all the replies.

navistarboy said:
MM's,GtP38R, fuel system and a good TC /VB kit will get you 13.30-13.50@102 if you can drive.

I think mm's and a 38r will definatly get you into the 13's, fuel only with supporting mods. Low 13's, i dont thinks so.

strokin_early99 said:
My 8010lb beast broke into the 13's with stock gears, 35" tires, low fuel pressure and a 120 race tune from Jody. With the mods in my sig of course. QUOTE]

Sorry Strokin...but there are NO mods in your signature!!! But if I can remember right...you are H2E'd with Big Oil and some Hybrid 530's??? I can't keep up with everybody, even though I try so hard!

Back