16" street radial options

BlackSkyRacing

Living Under a Rock
Ok, what searching I have done seems to come up with a max street drag radial diameter of 28 inches... While that should work with 3.42s (running a corporate 14 bolt) and 5k governor springs, I'd still like closer to 31 inch diameter. Anybody come across such an animal, or have a suggestion for a street tire that can be found in that size that performs decent at the track too?

Good Luck!! I've spent some time looking with not much luck. A few options for 20" wheels, not so much for 16". I've been running regular old Michelin LTXs. Can't say they're great, but I've cut 60's as low as 1.61 on a good track.

M&H does make a nice 30x16 cheater slick that I think a lot of guys are running though.

Good Luck!! I've spent some time looking with not much luck. A few options for 20" wheels, not so much for 16". I've been running regular old Michelin LTXs. Can't say they're great, but I've cut 60's as low as 1.61 on a good track.

M&H does make a nice 30x16 cheater slick that I think a lot of guys are running though.

Sucks that both their cheater slicks and street strip tires are bias ply... I intend to drive the truck to and from the track, but that will be about the extent of it's street driving unless I'm feeling particularly froggy one sunny summer day LOL

Sucks that both their cheater slicks and street strip tires are bias ply... I intend to drive the truck to and from the track, but that will be about the extent of it's street driving unless I'm feeling particularly froggy one sunny summer day LOL

The cheater slicks wouldn't be much for street driving, but they should get you to the track and back.

Mine sees a some street driving and hauling, so they wouldn't work for me unless they were an extra set.

I keep telling myself that as soon as the LTXs wear out, I'm gonna shell out the bucks for some 20" wheels and drag radials. But considering my LTXs are almost 7years old, have over 60k miles, ~60 passes, and hundreds of feet of street burnouts, and still have good tread, that may never happen.

The guys at the track have really been on me lately about contacting Michelin and see if they do a commercial, or at least sponsor me.

The crummy part is my lack of 4x4 makes it harder for me to get away with anything less than drag radials with a goal of dipping into the 10s. The big problem is that I want to do it on stock rims that have been widened... I'm going for the beat up stock farm truck look LOL

Didn't realize you're 2wd. That makes it tough. I don't think drag radials are going to help you a lot toward 10s. If I were you, I'd get some slicks as wide as you can fit, and 32"-33" diameter.

I'm in the same boat, what we want doesn't exist:( I think I may settle for ET Street's in a 305/45/18, so I can actually drive on the street.

I'm in the same boat, what we want doesn't exist:( I think I may settle for ET Street's in a 305/45/18, so I can actually drive on the street.

I already have a set of 20" rims if I really need them. But the idea is to stay as stock appearing as possible. I'll likely have two sets of rear tires, so if anyone has a good suggestion for a 16" street tire I'm all ears. I'll just plan to run slicks at the track.

Starting to consider building my 95 4x4 V10 into the Cummins drag sleeper. It's in rougher shape anyway LOL

What turbo setup are you going to run? I have a few turbos I need to get rid of to pay for college

Back