1700 degree EGTS

Foster#17

HAHA WOW, Friday at the track my water meth controller was acting up and spraying full water while sitting still. HA talk about a bad miss... Anyways I just turned it off for a pass and ended up hitting 1730 degrees by the other end of the track:nail:... What the hell, I dont know what else I can do to keep my EGTS down other than the water.. I have a 66mm turbo with 100 horse injectors.

Where's your timing? 1,700 at the end of the track isn't all that bad.

You're drag racing. Don't look at the pyro.

This^

First time I took an in cab video of my truck and noticed my pyro pegging on the video I about chit. Last time I make my pyro visible on video LOL

I know its apples to oranges but I used to peg my pyro with my 14mm, I mean pegged for a good half minute a couple of times during/after a run. Never look at that gauge pulling or racing, otherwise you'll be cleaning your shorts every race!!! LOL

I don't have a pyro for this very reason:hehe: I know I'm already playing with fire.

I know but I tow a 30 ft trailer just about every day and I cant go hitting that when Im towing

I agree with adding timing. I waited till I got to the dyno myself, but I ended up gaining another 45hp and dropped EGTs from 1400 to 1275 going from 21 to 26.5 degrees max timing, keeping duration constant.

Nooo, Im saying im hitting 1700 racing but I also tow a trailer and dont want to be hitting 1700 going up mountains. I am using odd numbers on the smarty. Usually #9 of course haha

I know with a 63mm on my old 12v, before the cam swap, I would hold 1200* pulling hills. It would get hot, then stay right there. Took too long to really start cooling off, versus a 58mm or 60mm that never let it get hot.

CR guys should have it EASY. Better flowing head, and the ability to tone it down.

Oh, and my towing was usually a 25K lb load. Gross around 33K at most times.
Chris

Back