17th Annual BD Truckin Nationals

won highest HP - Ford with 495hp :woohoo:

and lost in the 2nd round of eliminations at the track

but i had a great time all weekend

Had a great weekend despite the truck not running the way it should.
Have the clutch figured out but we have an electical issue somewhere on the truck that we need to find. Tunes are working just something in the truck is causing it to shut down at 4500 rpm and pulls all the fuel like a limp mode.

Other than that another great race put on by NHRDA and great Dealer Day and Dyno day put on by BD

smoked the engine at the Moses Lake test and tune sled pull, got a few parts for the new engine but not sure when it will be goin in

It was a good weekend. Thanks to BD for putting on a great show at Dyno Day as usual. Some great numbers being laid down, no real carnage so all in all a good day. Sunday was the NHRDAs turn to put on a great show. The truck count was a little low, but some great racing. There were more trucks from out of BC than there were local trucks, but it still lead to some great racing. It was nice to be a part of the Supreme Diesel Racing team. A few of our trucks ran the quickest they have yet. I look forward to seeing everyone again in Edmonton.

had a great weekend, nhrda had another great event, ran two days hard, big thanks to khaos kustoms and rps, those guys really helped out large. supreme diesel was super supportive, love there nos refill station, trucks running 10.3's consistant now.

thanks to my sponsors for helping make it happen, NAPC,innovative diesel, industrial injection,nadp, khaos kustoms

didn't really like the way i won first place in super street, J&R (brian spooner) great competitor, just wasn't able to make it back to the line for the final race, but thats how it works sometimes. i would have much rather earned it running them.

i don't know how rob does it hot lapping super street and prostreet, i did it sunday and wow that was alot of work and hard on the truck but she still lives:cheer:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone involved, another fun weekend up there! A few too many oildowns, but that seems to happen sometimes! I managed to red light by 0.008, to a truck that apparently forgot to put it in 4x4! I went a few rounds in my gasser, and managed to take out one of the track's better racers in the process. We also brought my daughter's Jr Dragster, but she managed to break the steering column clean off, trying to make it turn tighter than the steering box was planning!

BTW - Jarid did win Pro Street, it was DAMN close at the other end but his major holeshot did it!

BTW - Jarid did win Pro Street, it was DAMN close at the other end but his major holeshot did it!

The way the Armor boys were jumping up and down I don't think they minded much getting beat, they were so damn excited about the quick pass.

Yeah we blew the gasket between the exh manifold and the wastegate so it didn't want to come up on the chargers as easy as usual so I hung a bit till the rpm came up otherwise if the convertor does lock up hard it will just snuff the motor and leave me sitting 30' out so I thought either way I am losing but at least I will get a full pass....my bro was a little excited lol he met me on the return road on the quad two thumbs up and I am like what you so happy about we lost dude...then he whipped the passenger door open and goes 9.17 and I said bull****...then I got to the ticket booth and I was like what the really...I would have paid to see the look on Jarid (bullydogs) face when he seen my time on his win slip lol...

Thanks to everyone who has helped us and that we have met along the way it has been a long frusterating one but we might have got the trans dialed and if so now maybe we can work on some tuning as well as some suspension tuning and see what happens...

Thanks to NHRDA and BD for a great weekend and a great show...its always a good one!!!

Thanks everyone see you at the track!!!

Last edited:
You sir are on my $hit list. You let the old man leave with out saying Good Bye AGAIN! :poke:
Sorry sweetheart, I told ya we were leaving and then he walked away. im telling ya, im going to get him one of those toddler harness's with the bungy leash :lolly:

Great event as always! Sorry I'm late to post this, but I hopped on a plane right after the event went to work, and just got home now.

We managed to squeak out the dyno win, after some quick parking lot repairs, as the new nitrous solenoid turned out to be leaking badly.

We had some growing pains, and didn't show well at the track, but learned lots for next time.

Congrats to Shawn for showing up with a truck that he debuted at street legals a week before (and almost put into the wall) and managed take it from that to setup well enough to hot lap it to win SS! It was a good showing and I am sure you will only get faster from here. I honestly never thought I would say this, but that last run you did for the SS win was too much nitrous! :lolly:

Congrats to Armor on the 9.17, I know you guys have been fighting converter issues for several seasons now, to get that monkey off your back must feel great.

Congrats to Brian Spooner, that truck is a monster! 140mph on fuel only was impressive, and the 9.90 SS record to boot. Max'd out will have their hands full in Edmonton. You now are the one we are all gunning for.

Last edited:
Sorry sweetheart, I told ya we were leaving and then he walked away. im telling ya, im going to get him one of those toddler harness's with the bungy leash :lolly:

Probably a good idea! Will you be in Indy to babysit?

What the hell are we talking about here? Mikaela wasn't even at Mission, you are still talking about Redding, who needs the keeper???:lolly:

Frank won't be at Indy, I have him doing TIME OUT.

One thing I meant to mention - IMHO the announcer at Mission did a great job of explaining the diesel classes when announcing them. Sure, he probably doesn't know much about diesels, but he explained the differences in the rules every time the classes were up.

The announcer did well, the line crew wasn't all that impressed with the diesels. That 2 minute staging wait I had on the line trying to get the other truck to at least come within 3 feet of the starting line the first round of Quick Diesel didn't help matters either.:D

Yeah, the starting line crew was a bit of a pain since I was doing a burnout, they kept trying to wave me forward when I was backing into the water.

What the hell are we talking about here? Mikaela wasn't even at Mission, you are still talking about Redding, who needs the keeper???:lolly:

Frank won't be at Indy, I have him doing TIME OUT.

:lolly: Try to follow along, We were talking about Redding..... :lolly:

Back