190* T Stat?

nate

It's been getting cold here... was -10* yesterday, couple weeks ago it was -30*.

My truck doesnt' warm up for crap and I'm sure a 190* T Stat would help (have a 180*)

I went to Cummins and ordered one, but it came in as a 180*. The tech said there was an update a few months ago and they no longer sell 190*s anymore... all the trucks get 180s. Some issues about overheating or something or another.

Napa does carry the 190*. I have heard only to get the Cummins ones though. I can't remember why??

So should I freeze or get a Napa T Stat?

Last edited:
It's been getting cold here... was -10* yesterday, couple weeks ago it was -30*.

My truck doesnt' warm up for crap and I'm sure a 190* T Stat would help (have a 180*)

I went to Cummins and ordered one, but it came in as a 180*. The tech said there was an update a few months ago and they no longer sell 190*s anymore... all the trucks get 180s. Some issues about overheating or something or another.

Napa does carry the 190*. I have heard only to get the Cummins ones though. I can't remember why??

So should I freeze or get a Napa T Stat?

I'm with a lot of people that like Cummins parts. But just go to a parts store and pick up a 190. They probably just quick making the 190's because they are probably overstocked with 180's. It's a thermostat, maintenance item.

Consider winterfronts?

And do a winterfront, I actually don't have a fan in the winter and use a winter front. I'm not hauling either, but the point remains the same.

Yup I already have winter fronts. Suppose I could take the fan off as well though.

I tried buying a napa, b&c/ carquest, and schucks 190 t stat, non existant, my best mod was a cold front and remove my fan, but dont let it high idle for more that 20 minutes and 20-30 degrees, or you will be boiling.

I tried buying a napa, b&c/ carquest, and schucks 190 t stat, non existant, my best mod was a cold front and remove my fan, but dont let it high idle for more that 20 minutes and 20-30 degrees, or you will be boiling.

Not if you have your heat on kill.

I run a 160 tstat. When it was well below 0 for a week or so, i had no trouble getting heat, i actually have to turn it down on the thermo dial.

No winter front, only flex-a-lite's fans.

Your thermostat might be stuck open.

Had 4 190* ones in stock at Napa on 5th Ave. $28.

nate this is what you get for moveing back to alaska lol just go with the 190 from napa

Put the 190* in. Looks just the same as the $50 Cummins 180* other than it's a 190* haha.

$25 at Napa too.. Sweet!

I just put the NAPA 190* in my 01 a couple months ago.Its working fine.Temp stays right on 190.I had the Cummins replacement and it stuck closed on me one day.It was just a couple weeks past the warranty and they wanted me to fill out all sorts of paper work to try and get a refund.I said to heck with it and went to NAPA. My friend has had the NAPA one in his truck for 3yrs now with no problems.

Dunno, haven't driven the truck in a while until today cause the car is torn apart and I didn't feel like driving the Jeep. Don't even need heat right now.

Was outside most of the day working on the car in a T Shirt and jeans.

the temo was stuck open on mine just went to the local parts store and got a 190 like 25 bucks made a world of diffence on warm up with mine stuck truck wouldnt even got to 150 deg. much less the 190

I have winter fronts and my temp never gets above 170 would you say it's the t stat and it also seems like I don't get much heat out of the heater eather .

Back