IMG_1107.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm have decent plans for it but will take all the advice I can get. I'm still wanting to drive it on the street if I can. The block is sent off getting the journals bored so I can run a 220/240 Hamilton cam. I have the pistons already cut. Head is o-ringed and has 165# pound springs. Arp head studs, 215 p-pump with full cut delivery valve and 5k governor springs. The injectors I have are 5x25's I believe but not certain on that. I'm sending them off to get tested. I have an hy35 and and ht3b now but I'm thinking I may want to go bigger with those not sure yet. 220 fass for fuel pump. I'm running an nv5600 with a Southbend 3250dd with an np205 behind it going into a set of Dana 60's.

Did you get a good deal on the Cam or something? That's a big girl for the street.

The injectors are HUGE as well lol. In for the build thread. In my opinion i would go with 5x014 or 5x016 on the injectors especially with those small twins. Cam is also huge as stated before.

Yes the cam I got from a guy who used it about a year and sold all his things. Couldn't pass up the deal. Same with the injectors. I'm wanting a bigger set of twins just not sure yet what the get.

This is just my opinion, but, If I had your parts. I'd go ahead and box them back up for when you want to go pulling or drag racing.

Buy another first gen with an excellent cab, make sure it has 3.54 gears. Pull the engine, have the ve hot rod'd. Use your hy35 and the HT3B 'compounded'.

Talk with JQMiley or smokinve on a set of injectors. So far the best we've found are DDP 5x14

You will need a large intercooler. With the VE pump (hot basterds) you should probably find an intercooler as large as the bed on the truck!! lol just kid'n.

Now you have a cool truck you can tow your new project with. Trust me, your gonna want another.

Last Step: Haul the perfect first gen with 3.54 to my house and give it to me for being such a nice guy.

What is the ultimate goal for the truck? Drag race? Puller? Street cruiser?

Well it will get drove very little on the street. Just want the option to do so. I am building it to play with and maybe pull at some county fairs every now and again.

Right now I don't have the time to build a different truck lol. This on has been a long time in the making itself. I'm getting on it now to hopefully get it running and driving by spring.

You are on the right track then except for the cam. Even a well ported stock head won't support the flow that cam needs to work correctly. But hey, if ya got it, you may come across a good deal on a Hamilton head one of these days.

...and hey, I'm no expert.

That is the plan. Just not in the budget right now. I figured I could maybe make it work and if not. Looks like I'll be getting that Hamilton head a little sooner!!

This is just my opinion, but, If I had your parts. I'd go ahead and box them back up for when you want to go pulling or drag racing.

Buy another first gen with an excellent cab, make sure it has 3.54 gears. Pull the engine, have the ve hot rod'd. Use your hy35 and the HT3B 'compounded'.

Talk with JQMiley or smokinve on a set of injectors. So far the best we've found are DDP 5x14

You will need a large intercooler. With the VE pump (hot basterds) you should probably find an intercooler as large as the bed on the truck!! lol just kid'n.

Now you have a cool truck you can tow your new project with. Trust me, your gonna want another.

Last Step: Haul the perfect first gen with 3.54 to my house and give it to me for being such a nice guy.

He said he is swapping 215 pump.

I wish I wouldn't known you needed a good cab. The one I pulled off was in great condition. I gave it to a kid to pull the dash out and then scrapped it.

Naw that's OK. We are first gen hoarders. When I see a good cab, I snatch it up.

Good luck on your project, that first Gen looked like a solid truck.

The cab was in good shape. But the bed was beat up really bad. Wasn't worth fixing.

That Dana 60 rear is going to be the weak link...with the 205 behind it. IMO, if you're going that aggressive with the engine build, you'd be time ahead to put a 70/80 rear and a 241 or 271 transfer case in it.

That Dana 60 rear is going to be the weak link...with the 205 behind it. IMO, if you're going that aggressive with the engine build, you'd be time ahead to put a 70/80 rear and a 241 or 271 transfer case in it.

I was going to mention that too but i didnt know how much you could beef up the Dana 60.

Nice build. I'll have to agree the 205 is a stout unit but it likes to split the case under heavy torque. While the body is off are you going to toughen up the frame in all the normal weak points? How about the IC, that's going to be a tight squeeze.

What are you doing with the old VE? I'm always looking to add to my collection..

Back