1987 Featherlite 3 car enclosed wedge

lorendiesel5.9

OG Hunnybadger
I bought it in Aug 09 and redid the wiring and lights with LEDS immediately. It has new electric brakes and wheel bearings that are 2 weeks old. Also has new center framerails behind the axles and main crossmembers replaced 2 weeks old. It has 48' of deck 21k gvw w/9k torsion axle 235/85-16 14 ply duals 6k empty weight. Comes w/ both 5th wheel or 2 5/16" ball inserts for the neck. Now it has a 4" puncture in the decking over the hitch, the winch shown in the pictures never worked, the landing gear needs to be replaced, water leaks into the compartment in the front and the real kicker. It will need a new front axle. the right side torsion arm snapped off one day and the local trailer shop quoted me about $3k installed for a brand new Dexter axle so I parked it about a month ago. It will have all the wheels and tires with it. Asking $6k OBO over scrap price.

1987 Featherlite for sale pictures by lorendiesel59 - Photobucket

I hate to say it man but I would scrap it because of the repairs it needs no one is going to buy it.

I would have to agree, I paid 6k for an 08 42' about four months ago. I would say 3-4k at best. Other than the axle the trailer looks really nice.

Back