1995 Jeep Cherokee

06 DIESEL

Dead Eye Firearms LLC
1995 Jeep Cherokee, 155,0xx miles, needs PS lines (have new come with), exhaust front pipe (have new comes with), one oil change worth of oil and filter come with, due within 500 miles. 5% tinted windows all around, no tint on windsheild, small lift, Wrangler rims, good tires with matching spare. Hood pins since the factory locks rusted up and quit working. All white panels, but drivers fender is a brighter white. 4.0 I-6 automatic $2500 OBO

Pictures once I get back into town on Tuesday.

Located in Airville, PA 17302

Last edited:
This is the only picture I have of it right now, in this pic it has windshield tint that is not on it now.

60932_4051156633530_134070837_n.jpg

BUMP. I will try to get pictures tonight before it gets too dark.

Had someone else question the ability of this vehicle to make a trip, said it had too high of mileage. I drove this to work a dozen times this year in bad weather, 89 miles each way, 65 of that being interstate, and it did not have any issues keeping up with traffic (75-80).

I'll attest to these lasting forever, but it's hard to get more than $2000 for them from what I've found. I just picked one up a year ago with 125k on it (2 door, that's what I was looking for) for $1000. It's headliner was **** though and that's a pain in the ass so I just tipped it down.

I have gotten it up to 140k now and the only issue I've had was the water pump went out at 135000. They usually go around 140k intervals. Easy $50 fix, and back on the road. I love XJ's!

You know what they say, start high and take your number if they offer it. I highly doubt I get 2500, but you gotta start somewhere.

In the NW it would sell for that easy. 155k isn't high miles for a 4 liter Cherokee...

You know what they say, start high and take your number if they offer it. I highly doubt I get 2500, but you gotta start somewhere.

I hear ya. I wasn't knocking you, or your strategy. More or less just sharing XJ love.

In the NW it would sell for that easy. 155k isn't high miles for a 4 liter Cherokee...

I've had one up to 260k. Bought that one for $240 because it wouldn't start. Ended up being a $26 ignition coil! Chopped the fenders, tossed on 35's and beat the **** out of it until it wouldn't run.

After the fix (and I wired up a TC lock up switch. She'd lock in 1st to OD!)!
47743_421957775813_3241496_n_zpsx1nrtvtg.jpg

After the fender trimming/shaping and 35's. And I know you think the tires are on backwards, they honestly work better like this for crawling up rocky trails up in the UP.
62741_434974375813_7039269_n_zpstpqhrmuz.jpg

Had someone else question the ability of this vehicle to make a trip, said it had too high of mileage. I drove this to work a dozen times this year in bad weather, 89 miles each way, 65 of that being interstate, and it did not have any issues keeping up with traffic (75-80).

We've had two of these that have a combined 400,000 miles (still going) on them with almost zero repairs and minimal maintenance. These old XJ 4.0L boxes are tough as nails.

I had a 96 that i bought with 186k that supposedly had a jasper engine put in at 120k. I ran it about 10k and started having issues with timing. Tried all the normal sensors, no dice. Pulled the distributor and the gear was toast. New dist and was back running. 1k miles later same thing, another dist gear gone. So I looked up cams thinking ill do a simple swap, finding id spend nearly $400 for the cam, gasket set, misc stuff etc.

Ended up buying a running driving 99 chassis with the body all cut up for $240, sold the tcase for $70 and swapped the motor into my 96. $170 investment and the motor ran like a top til I sold it with 204k for $2500.

I currently have a sale pending on it, but the guy is beginning to run me out of patience.

Back