1996 47re trans temp question

proctors garage

First of all my truck doesn't have factory trans temp sensor in the cooler line so I suspect it's in the vb. Some of the research I've done says that all these trucks didn't use a trans temp sensor and that's what I don't understand my snap-on scanner shows data for it. It shows -83 when it came in today it had a bad pcm so I replaced it truck and tranny work fine but the temp; doesn't make sense. Can anybody shed some light on this. I finally found some wiring diagrams and pinout locations it shows temp signal location as a violet wire I cut it doesn't change data. THANKS

Mathews is correct, you can pick up both the updated solenoid and the tranducer from Cascade Transmissions for around $100. If you unplug the transducer and the reading changes in the scanner, it's pretty much the transducer. If I stays the same, it's possible you have a wire that's open/shorted(also the sensor could be open).

I found a wiring diagram and pinout and located a violet wire that is labled as temp sensor signal. So I cut it expecting to see a change but it stayed the same I checked it coming out of pcm it had 5 volts on it which I figure is the 5 volt feed to the sensor I figure there is a return from sensor to pcm but I don't see it on diagram which I figure could be shorted to ground. I thought the temp sensor was in the pressure transducer was kinda confused about it. Hope this makes sense to some of ya'll sometimes when your agrivated working on something you over look things LOL. THANKS for the input keep it coming. THANKS

Back