1996 Dodge 2500

twin64

I am thinking about selling my truck. Here is the craigslist add. It has 209,000 miles on it and I am asking 11,000 for it.
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
I am interested in trades for an 03-05 cummins with a manual or an 02-04 duramax.
Here is a walk around video of it from last fall. It looks the same but doesn't have the bed rail caps on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps4diP1vK24
If you have any questions just call or text me at eight 1 two five 9 three 491 five.
I am located in Columbus, IN.

Last edited:
Heres a couple interior and engine bay pictures.
IMG_20110118_141446.jpg

IMG_20110118_141519.jpg

IMG_20110118_141403.jpg

IMG_20110118_141413.jpg

That's a good looking 12v what's been done or modified? And does it come with the rims and tires in the pics?

The engine was rebuilt about 6000 miles ago. It was bored .040 and rebuilt using Interstate Mcbee gaskets, Mahle Marine style pistons, and Cummins thermostat, headgasket, and headbolts. The head was surfaced and new valve seals were installed. The head was torqued to 135 ft/lbs on stock bolts. It has a three piece ATS 24V manifold that was gasket matched to a 12V gasket. I am running a ED 66mm turbo with a .9 a/r t4 non-gated exhaust housing. It has a 13mm pump built by daves diesel with full cut dv's and a 5K gsk. It is currently set at 450cc of fuel but with the current plate can be taken back to 350 or up to 550. With a different profile on the plate the pump should be able to put out high 700cc's of fuel. I am running a set of 5 x .020 injectors also built by daves diesel. Timing is set at 24 degrees after the rebuild. The engine lopes a lot when it is cold but when it is warm it is smooth.

The transmission was built about three years ago. It was built using red eagle clutchs, BD valve body, pressure loc, and triple disc convertor. No billet shafts. I rebuilt the transfer case last summer. It got a new track bar up front in December.

The interior has no cracked dash (knock on wood). It has a box with 2 10" sony explodes powered by a rockford fosgate amp and a pioneer head unit with Ipod cable. There is a tear in the drivers seat. The fuel guage does not work. It needs a sending unit. I just go by mileage for when I need fuel. The only other thing I havent been able to figure out is the cruise control. It worked in the donor truck and I have never been able to get it to work in this truck.

If you have any other questions let me know. I haven't dyno'd it so I have no idea what it makes for power. It does run good though.

I no longer have the eagle alloys that are in that picture. I traded them for the black 20's that are in the video.

What size wheel and tire combo were you running in the pictures if you dont mind me asking? Sorry for the derail and good luck on the sale. That is a good looking truck!

16x10 eagle alloys with 285 70 16 tires I believe. And thanks for the compliment and bump.

Bill at Dave's Diesel in Angola Indiana. Stock lines still since the pump is set at 450cc.

Back