1996 N-14 Cummins upgrades or mods?

LOGANSTANFORTH

WORKIN' MAN'S DOLLAR
I've Already Got A Pittsburgh Power 7 Stage Tuner On It. Any Other Tips Or Tricks To Make It Run Better? I Figure With The Tuner Its Around 600 To The Crank. It Will Get About 7Mpg On The #4 Fuel Mileage Setting. Its In A 1996 9400 International With A 9 Speed Trans..

Attachments

• IMG_20141105_151617_051.jpg
    IMG_20141105_151617_051.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
Not to much that can be done, they never really pushed the power on them from the factory for there to be any good parts upgrades.

There was also the fact that over 500hp they are known to walk the crank around in the block and then spin a main bearing, could be why cummins never pushed them.

That was meant to say 500 not 600 at the crank...

I wish I could do more with it. It pulls hills in 9th with somewhat ease but the truck is loaded 76K all the time, no less, and every little bit helps...

You can get injectors extrude honed and put a bigger turbo on it but that just gets you to crank walk territory even faster.

Rumor was PDI was making an aftermarket manifold for them which would open up the charger options. I've made a few run good but don't know for how long. Not an awesome motor for HP

They need to build me a damn replica manifold to the ones that came on the factory twin turbo 475 big cams, having to do machine work just to give me more turbo options sucks.

Back