1996 passat

CTD01

Junk collector
Ok just picked up a 96 tdi with 190 on the clock, new clutch and a fresh 4 wheel brake job. The problem with the car is the wiring harness burned from around the air box area. I looks like the wires that go to the 5th injector fuel pump are the most burnt. I paid $500 for the car btw. Any things to check or tips are welcome. Thanks,
Paul

While there are a few TDI knowledgeable people on here, you best bet for a case like this is probably gonna be the guru's over on TDIclub.com

Can't beat that price especially if the body is in good shape. The pre 99 car's are bad about rust...I bought my 98 from a forum member for $1200...however it was already rusted badly. I already have plans for the motor when the chassis finally fails! LOL

EDIT Lots of good "How To" Articles here myturbodiesel.com - VW TDI forum, Audi TDI forum, DIY, FAQ, and buying guides

There is a write up on how to delete the 5th injecter/injection on Passat's here.

5th fuel injector disable on Passat TDI

Last edited:
keep an eye on the timing belt, change the oil, nothin to special.

I got a 96 passat with little rust. just rolled 250k miles

keep a spare 109 relay in the car. just in case. and use diesel treatment in the winter. had mine gel up a few times last year

Back