1997 Ram 2500 Std Cab 4x4 FS

NickTF

Single turbo turd.
I will continue to update this thread with photographs and information that has slipped my mind. Truck is a white standard cab. It needs a new vacuum pump gasket, some body patch work in a few spots, and an oil leak or two fixed. It drives like a top and runs like an ape. I'm selling because I'm starting a family with the wife and looking to just get something we can all fit in and have fun (2012 power wagon more than likely). Truck has around 170k on the clock overall (odometer registers mid 150s but bigger tires make it read a bit slower than it should). Asking $11,000 as is. Come have a look and drive it away. I'm located in Laurel, Delaware.

Feel free to text questions to 443-497-0837 during week days or call during weekends. Thanks. Nick

P.S. Description is for multiple selling platforms so take that into consideration when reading redundant descriptions.

Suspension:
-Trailmaster SSV Shocks
-Solid Steel Third Gen Adjustable Track Bar (eliminates junk ball joints)
-Moog T Style Heavy Duty Steering Conversion (http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/299830-t-style-steering-conversion.html)
-DSS Steering Stabilizer
-Max Link Sway Bar Endlinks
-Energy Urethane Sway Bar Bushings and Clamps
-Skyjacker D25 springs (2.5” front lift to level truck)
-Timbren Load Support System (keeps rear of truck level when towing)
-skyjacker dul25 & dll23 upper and lower control arms
-steel braded brake hoses front and rear

Wheels/Tires:
-pro comp xtreme alloy series 8128s 16x8
-35x12.50x16 Interco SS-M16 Tires (around 60% tread left)

Exhaust:
-5” v-band down pipe off primary (large turbo) to 5” intermediate pipe to 6” cat stack setup from FTE Diesel
-Steed Speed Straight T4 Flange Manifold with two 1/8” ports (less than 200 miles on this)

Fuel:
-Diesel Performance Engineering benched 180 pump (480ccs), CDS 5k governor springs, 8mm competition cut delivery valves, no plate (have two plates that I will give you with sale), full travel afc with governor spring (~around 50psi for full afc arm travel)
-Southern Diesel Extreme 5x.016” injectors, 155* sac nozzles, 300bar pressure
-Timing at 23* currently, truck comes with timing tools to adjust timing in a snap
-Cam gear welded to cam to prevent cam gear walk
-Air Dog 200GPH full fuel system

Motor Misc:
-O-ringed head from Pure Diesel Power
-Manley Nextek Beehive Valve Springs
-Smith Brothers .120” wall 3/8” diameter pushrods, factory length
-A1 Head Studs
-Killer Dowel Pin tabbed
-factory cummins duel valve cover breather setup
-factory cummins SB, has around 170k on the clock
-new vacuum pump installed about 200 miles ago, looks like the gasket needs to be replaced as it was pinched when I installed the vacuum pump

Transmission/Axles:
-Fully built Goerend 47RE, billet input and output, factory intermediate shafts.
-B&M Ratchet Shifter installed on fabricated shifter mount, can shift trans manually or put in drive and trans will function like a normal automatic
-Goerend lifetime warranty stock stall tripple disk converter
-BD Diesel Billet Flexplate
-converter lockup switch on dash, will lock up in 2nd through OD
-Factory D60 front axles with Lockrite Locker, Factory D70 rear with factory Posi
-4.10 ratio, have 3.54 factory ring and pinion for d70 I will let go with sale
-EBC Dimpled Rotors (about 8,000 miles ago) with EBC Pads, reman calipers about 8,000 miles ago
-Upgraded GM Wheel Cylinders for rear brakes. Drums completely replaced about 8,000 miles ago.

Air:
-Compound (twin) turbo system fabricated by me.
-primary (big turbo) s475 built by Chris Watkins & Custom Racing Turbos (http://www.customracingturbos.com/). Billet 11 blade 75mm compressor, 87mm turbine, t6 1.1 a/r turbine housing port matched to hot pipe.
-secondary (little turbo) s362 with forged milled wheel (billet), 6 pad thrust system, and high flow 68mm j-cup turbine wheel in .83 internally gated t4 turbine housing.
-system makes around 90-95psi of boost and has near instant response
-Citi Diesel Cool Twist Intercooler, Peak Diesel HD Intercooler Boots
-Autometer Z gauges for total boost, boost from primary, exhaust gas temperature, and transmission temperature

A/C:
-New compressor installed about 4000 miles ago. System needs a new evaporator, current one is shot developing a leak shortly after installation of new compressor. Worked frigid cold prior to evaporator failure. Heater works great, all blower motors function normal

Alternator:
-Motor City 160 amp alternator around 15000 miles ago

Body:
-Truck bed has rust on passenger side wheel arch and at base of wheel well, left side of bed could use a little work as well
-bottom of doors are rusting and could stand to be replaced
-spot on driver side fender needs patched
-all else is straight. Truck could use some paint

image_zpsfe6db3f8.jpg

image_zpseafb59b5.jpg

image_zps41e27e13.jpg

image_zpsed1fa8da.jpg

image_zpsf4d03b94.jpg

image_zps1ec5aa94.jpg

image_zps1ec5aa94.jpg

image_zps9d04f8a9.jpg

I have an offer on the table right now for $3000 for the turbo system which I can take next week and just may if no one offers to buy the truck so if you're serious get up with me sooner than later. Thanks, feel free to reply here, text or call me, pm me, etc.

Truck is sold to 94 12Valve. Best of luck with her Dave!!! Damn if I'm not going to miss that truck!

Back