1st Annual Tar Heels Diesel Nationals

Sorry Randy, none of our trucks are ready. My 4wd is waiting on injectors, Arons is waiting on new engine. And Im just now getting around to the paintwork on the 2wd. We'll try to make the next one.

Wow what an amazing race track have to say the nicest track we have every been to.

Event update -

Friday - Tech cards and spectator entrance are on sale at Gate #2 from 3pm till 7pm

Saturday - Tech cards are purchased at Gate #2 then you need to drive to Gate #4 to enter into pits which will be located behind grand stands near Diesel Alley.

Here is tenative schedule for Saturday

Zmax Dragway April 30th 2011

-Note scheduled times may vary-

7:00am Competitor gates open (enter thru gate #4)
8:00am Tech opens
9:00am Driver meeting
9:15am 1st round qualifying
10:15am 2nd round qualifying
11:15pm 3rd round qualifying
12:00pm National Anthem
12:15pm 1st round NHRDA Eliminations
1:15pm 1st round Gambler race eliminations
1:45pm 2nd round NHRDA eliminations
2:15pm 2nd round Gambler race eliminations drawing
2:45 pm Show n Shine top 5 trucks
3:15pm 3rd round eliminations NHRDA
3:30pm 3rd round Gambler race eliminations
3:45pm Burnout Contest
4:30 pm Finals all classes

Big Lick Festival Park
7:00 pm Sled pulling

for a 1st time event it was ok. not that big of a turnout but will be 10x better next year since the pull will be there. think we need more dyno's there cuz dunbar was SLOW!!!!!

over all it was awsome to see all the trucks there
sled pull went great.

Yeah it was ok, but I'll be there again next year to help it grow! Would love to see more vendors! We had 12 trucks from WV convoy down. Maybe we will double that next year. Am I understanding the sled pull will be on the speedway grounds next year??? That would make it 10X better!!!!!!

Brian Buchanan to the win in pro street against the Stuckey green team. I believe they had an issue with the truck in the final round.

I took the win in Super diesel over Sam Smith in his 12v. In his defense, I don't believe his truck was running well. I still would have taken him though lol !

Not sure who won brackets, Elite diesel had a problem with their s10 I believe it was. Suncoast also had a problem with their pro street but, had a couple other trucks there. FCDP had a lot of trucks there.

It was a great, well planned event at one hell of a venue. I really look forward to next year !

for a 1st time event it was ok. not that big of a turnout but will be 10x better next year since the pull will be there. think we need more dyno's there cuz dunbar was SLOW!!!!!

over all it was awsome to see all the trucks there
sled pull went great.

Sorry if you thought we was slow. For most of the day we only had 2-4 trucks lined up until the end of racing where we had about 7 lined up. Sorry once more.

Sorry if you thought we was slow. For most of the day we only had 2-4 trucks lined up until the end of racing where we had about 7 lined up. Sorry once more.

You and Mike did the best you could I'm sure. That's a hell of a lotta work. Luckily it was somewhat a cool day for you.

What was the high dyno number ?

I thought it was a great event for the first year. Would like to see more vendors with their product to buy and take home on the spot. A lot of us came with money to spend.

The sled pull was awesome even thou my clutch decided it did not want to play anymore. Over 30 minutes to the sled pull from Zmax track and still 65 trucks registered to pull. The crowd was huge!

i thought more people would have raced, but it was still a good event. the sled pull was packed. Anyone have any videos?

Last edited:

well it could of just been my timing. yall did great at rudys. didnt waste no time up there. when i came over to watch you were dynoing a gray 4door 6.4 and had trouble with something up front but i didnt stay over there all day. but i'm sure next year there will be more trucks and will be better to have 2 dyno's cuz i have a feeling it will be packed.

I made it out to both events, it was definitely awesome to see how you guys do it on the east coast. I will definatley try and get over there again but with my truck next time.

I had a great time. I wish my buddy Josh would not have blown a boot so we could have made a few more passes. But we were trying to break in a new motor and not get the boot for no cage and josh didnt want to push it so we just watched the rest of the races.

The sled pull was a great time. I just wished my truck was back up and running.

a6cd8de7-9513-23e9.jpg

a6cd8de7-9547-1ba9.jpg

a6cd8de7-957f-20b9.jpg

a6cd8de7-95b2-b56b.jpg

Back