1st gen lift pump

ttcfan4476

i just aquired a first gen w350 dually with a bad lift pump. the crank case is full of fuel. so will one of those little electric parts store fuel pumps work in place of the lift pump? the truck is bone stock with a 5 speed. i just want to get it to run and sell it. and do i tab the dowel pin or do the first gens need it?

The 1st gens do have the kdp issue. i would say just call cummins and order the factory diaphram pump. they're not expensive at all

geno's garage sells the OEM lift pumps, i'd upgrade it to a 2nd gen piston style though. i think you'll need a FP regulator on those to keep the front seal from blowing out......come to think of it.....if the crankcase is full of fuel, could the front seal be blown out of the IP? i can see how the lift pump may leak fuel into the CC......but i'd check the front seal on that IP while you're doing the KDP just to be sure

If you pull the pump and find that its okay better check the front seal on the I/P..

well i thought the engine was full of fuel then i looked on the fan shroud and someone has it marked "14quarts". i dont think its fuel but way to much oil.

holy schit! its a cummins, not a freaken powerstroke! LOL

I have a good stock 1st gen lift pump if you need one. I took it off to do an Airdog.

Back