1st pull of the year looking for ideas

redneckroot

It must not have spark
I'm looking for ideas to help make up the 15 feet between myself and the other trucks. Have another pull coming up this weekend. The tranny puked out of my tow rig on the way out there so money to buy stuff is going to be tight for awhile. Its still a VE with a 727 and 3.07 gears.

More power, more wheel speed, then get it all to hook up.

15ft is a long way to go. the top 5 in our pulls have all been with in a foot with no more than 3in between 1st and 2nd.

This is a hard question to answer with out watching the other trucks.

Not sure exactly where you want to start or what your rules might be, but 3.07s are way too tall for pulling. I would definitely consider doing that especially if the truck is strictly for pulling. If not, even dropping to 3.73s or 4.10s would help out.

How was the track? They were picking rocks out of it all night when we were up there during the tractor classes.

you need a tighter converter to get the tires spinning.. they almost had stopped towards the end of that pull

It only weighed in at 6700 in a 8500 pound class. They were picking rocks out of it all night. There was no real bite to the track. The class I will be pulling in more often is a 2.5 class, 2inch travel (truck has bags in it) we can hang weights.

Think it would take a 2nd gear start?

More RPM, More Fuel, More Air, More Power and a Gear change. Dunno how reliable the 727's are, so you may need to upgrade to a built 47RH or even do an NV4500 swap.

This 727 is suppose to be built pretty good, but i think it needs to go back and have the converter swapped out for something better after this weekend. I have a 47re sitting here but not sure what to do, nor what it would cost to build, or if I should sell it and get a 4500.

it seems like your making descent torque and the motor never really pulled down just that your tires stopped spinning and werent get what your putting out the way it is. otherwise your missing what your making already so unless you can make way more power and rpm your not going to go much farther even with more weight in my opinion.

Back