2 1/2 inch level kit for my 97 12v 4x4, ?

jaybuller

USCG MK
if i install a 2 1/2" level kit on my 97 12v 4x4, wont it throw the axel off center to one side, because of the trac bar, seems like if you lift it up it would shift the whole axel over. mabey im not lookin at this right but thats what it looks like to me. Let me know, id like to get another 2 1/2 inches up front but not if its gonna throw everything off up front. Thanks
Jay

If your trac bar isn't adjustable it will **** the axle more towards the drivers side. You should add a new trac bar and also change the lower control arms to 1/2' longer to add more caster to the front as well.

i fiured as much, all the kits only come with the spacers and dont tell you anything about needing an adjustible track bar or longer control arms. They all just say you just need the spacers. Oh well. any sugjestions on loner arms and an adjustible trac bar that wont break the bank... how bout makin my own lower arms using tractor endlinks and treaded bars?

Tuff country has a trac bar bracket for 2-3" lift thats cheap to be used with your factory trac bar. On control arms I would not build them like that, you can buy bushings for the ends from topguncustomz.com (as well as that trac bar bracket) and then just use some tubing. 2"x1/4" square would work fine if you want to do it on the cheap.

Yea, 2 1/2'' aint enough to loose sleep on. My steering wheel was clocked to the passenger side slightly, nothing major.

Back