2.5 Class

IMO the limiting factors should be horsepower (a simple and clear turbo rule, a/a, etc.), single tires, no hood pipes etc. There has and always will be purpose built competition vehicles in all walks of motorsports. A smooth bore charger capable of 1000-1100hp would be ideal to me. The rules need to be simple so every knuckle dragging truck puller in the country can understand them. Adding rules adds gray areas, which starts the *****ing. PPL has done a great job with the old 2.6 class, at this point any LPS puller can goto just about any organization and pull. Why fight growing pains for years when we can look at history and see what the final outcome will be?
X10000. At least somebody gets it.

Waaaait a minute you two want limiting now . Didn't both of you build 6.7 last year ?

You two should be working lol. So to be fair if rules would have been better enforced last season allbradditude would not pass either

Let's throw this out here see what suggestions we can get to make things better in Ohio 2.5 .cotpc 20 points trucks 5500.00 listed I think it was 6000.00 in end of year payout fifth place check over 1000.00 our class 1/5 decided at last pull first and second decided on last pull of the year this is just awful

Your first posting explaining cotpc 2.5 is dying we have a large points class with 20last season we had largest payout in our organisation one of those checks had your name on sooooo how is this dying .love ya big guy��

Your first posting explaining cotpc 2.5 is dying we have a large points class with 20last season we had largest payout in our organisation one of those checks had your name on sooooo how is this dying .love ya big guy��
We had a lot of trucks. Even more *****ing and a lot are not returning. That is dying. How may LPS, 6350 Mod, and pro street were there? How many pulls didn't get the sponsors names thrown out? How many pulls did cotpc not run?How many trucks got a dq? How many lawn chairs did we have in trucks and cub cadet leaf springs did we have? The big picture is the org is dying. It's not alone, I think a lot org numbers are down. Unless the 2.5 rules go like we spoke it will always be an on going headache and ***** fest. I'm not bashing the org, Bridgett and Dennis do a great job. You and I did all we could but ultimately it merely seems our opinion didn't matter. If it did we would be true bore like we discussed 2 years ago. Regardless , With what we spoke about and the other orgs getting on board. We will have an awesome thing going for next year I think. They'll always be butthurt people but the big picture is much larger than one or two people.

Everyone in the class was illegal per the rules cause you can't run bigger than a 63mm compressor wheel if it's not clipped or tapered but due to lack of tech everything got over looked, nobody cares what the rules are but if their not going to be enforced what's the point

The 2.5 class rules have been the same for years but the trucks keep making more horsepower because the compressor wheels keep getting larger how can that be? When the rules haven't changed. No clip no tapers but yet everyone has one,no drawing to say what you're allowed to have, you can't run an organization on decisions made at the track. There has to be black and white rules everybody knows what to bring.

You have. to bring my hx60 2.5 back commonrailer.s o we can copy it for you next year

On a serious side.can we have some ideas on what turbo you would like to see in 2.5 .is smoothbore the answer .is there a box stock turbo out there s400 won't plug 2.5 any ideas would be great to look into thanks

I was really hoping everyone would jump on a smooth bore charger to replace the 2.5 ruling. The downfall is, it would be really hard to do on a national level unless PPL came out with it.

There is a lot of interest in Ohio for a smoothbore .most competitors aren't ready to throw away current turbo till it goes poof and that's understandible also a lot of worry about 1st 2nd 23rd generation smoothbore chargers nobody wants to start over spending money. A standard out of the box would be great any ideas on this .on the smooth bore idea would these be a 400/gt42 type or would hx60 its smooth stay t4 or god t6 protruding wheel or not any input would be great.i just think returning to a 63mm wheel would be like taking deck plates out of 3.0just my thoughts throw some ideas out here to talk over thanks agin

63mm wheel will make 1000hp what's wrong with that go look at FPP rules that's a true bore class and guys make between 900-1000hp the map groove is a little tight at .150 but you could open it up to .250 and it would make a little more hp but not much for the way those rules are wrote. The current turbos being ran in COTPC can make almost the same power as a 3.0 smooth bore do you not see a problem with that the class has gotten out of hand. PPL is only going to pick up the class in the western series and is going to use rules very similar to FPP rules

Back