2.5 diesel electric fan setups

JDPlowboy

Getting ready to order parts for the new setup. Curious what others are running? Thinking about running 6 8" fans pushing and 6 more pulling from back side.

Getting ready to order parts for the new setup. Curious what others are running? Thinking about running 6 8" fans pushing and 6 more pulling from back side.
We put some thought into my intercooler/fan setup on my 2.5 truck and we ended up building this. Used 2 3,300 cfm fans and built a shroud to feed the cooler. Probably should put a couple more on the back side but I'm logging before and after cooler air temps and seeing pretty decent temperature drop.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1441147787165.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1441147787165.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1441147909882.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1441147909882.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
I started out with 2 electric fans from a Ford Taurus. This year, I went to one fan and I am keeping the engine cool.

Keeping the engine cool isn't the problem. We are trying to get the Intake air temps down

We put some thought into my intercooler/fan setup on my 2.5 truck and we ended up building this. Used 2 3,300 cfm fans and built a shroud to feed the cooler. Probably should put a couple more on the back side but I'm logging before and after cooler air temps and seeing pretty decent temperature drop.

I like it!

What is the temp drop with the fan/cooler compared with just the straight air/water intercooler?

Thanks

What is the temp drop with the fan/cooler compared with just the straight air/water intercooler?

Thanks

Last edited:
A lot of places don't allow air to water in 2.5, I think that's why they are doing this.

Single 16" spal pusher on the front of my custom HSP air-air and 2 12" pullers on the back of the radiator, can cool it down within minutes after a hook and is great with IATs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Single 16" spal pusher on the front of my custom HSP air-air and 2 12" pullers on the back of the radiator, can cool it down within minutes after a hook and is great with IATs

You got any pictures?

5e0b726b9da5c19e4f5951274da340a3.jpg

Not any with the fans in, here's my custom cooler in the truck, the 16 is centered behind the grille and the 12s are staggered on the outside of the radiator, also the radiator is mounted very close to the cooler to provide a shroud effect between the two

.....and yes it's a 6.5 LOL

Around 100 degrees over my old cheap universal intercooler I had

Back