2.5 Housing Choice

USARMY12V

Rally round the Virginian
Well the time has finally come for a purpose built charger in my 2.5 build. However, I'm building the truck as a multi purpose vehicle. I have a 50mm external gate to use with some juice to also be able to run the truck on the strip.

I realize it's a pain to swap axles to switch between events but I want to be able to DD(very limitedly)/drag and pull the truck. However, emphasis here is primarily pulling as it is a QCLB and thus heavier than say a RCLB.

Truck is currently an auto and will get stalled according to Phil's call/infinite knowledge. Seems to me .9 housing would be more ideal for DD aspect while 1.0 would give me significantly better performance on top end. Then again, since I have a gate would I just be smarter to go smaller and use that to help?

Currently I have a 12mm 180 pump, but in the future would like to switch to 13mm pulled back for pulling then tuned accordingly when spraying. What exhaust housing would fit my ticket?

I guess while we're on the subject, what turbine wheel do people recommend? Utilizing such a comparatively small compressor wheel, would the standard 83mm suffice? Thoughts, concerns, comments?

first of all i'd like to say thank you for the rep in your signature, and if it were me i'd try the 1.0 with the 87mm turbine......

Do you have any experience running it or someone that does?

Nothing? 2.5 class is all tumble weeds and confused drunks.

Last edited:
Back