2.5 legal GT4294

JD3020

Sorry if this is newbish, i know the basics about turbo's but know nothing when it comes to all these custom pulling turbo's and i don't want to annoy turbo shops with dumb questions. :lolly:

I'm picking up a GT4294 that i plan to run on my 7.3. Pretty sure it has a 70.5mm inducer which obviously isn't legal. Are there any shops out there that make 2.5 legal wheels/housings for these turbo's? And roughly what would it cost for a set.

Most 2.5 class don't allow clipped wheels or stepped covers. So with the atmospheric side being over 63.5mm that turbo won't be legal.

Sorry if this is newbish, i know the basics about turbo's but know nothing when it comes to all these custom pulling turbo's and i don't want to annoy turbo shops with dumb questions. :lolly:

I'm picking up a GT4294 that i plan to run on my 7.3. Pretty sure it has a 70.5mm inducer which obviously isn't legal. Are there any shops out there that make 2.5 legal wheels/housings for these turbo's? And roughly what would it cost for a set.

Most 2.5 class don't allow clipped wheels or stepped covers. So with the atmospheric side being over 63.5mm that turbo won't be legal.

Looks like he was asking for a new wheel/cover. You can have the current wheel shaved down to run it as well. Then mod the cover to match.

Looks like he was asking for a new wheel/cover. You can have the current wheel shaved down to run it as well. Then mod the cover to match.

Any idea who i could talk to about having that done?

Back