2.5 truck running out of fuel. injectors or injection pump?

dodgemaniac

I now have a few passes on the truck this year after mainly installing a lift pump and switching to 4.88 gears.

Before the lift pump the truck would not rev to 4k and ran out of fuel at the upper rpm. truck now fuels all the way to 4k. The pump i installed is a fass 220gph with a torktek ofv.

When I pulled with this setup i was able to start off at 4k rpm and ran about 3200 to 3400 going down the track.

Even with adequate fuel to the injection pump I am still able to clean up the injectors going down the track.

I am wondering if the injection pump is the limiting issue or the injectors?

Current setup is a s300 based charger. 63/66/14 5x .014 injectors and a 215 pump that is supposedly "maxed" according to the guy i bought the truck from. I was told the pump had no fuel plate and full cuts but have never opened it up to check.

If it is injectors what would you recommend. 5x.018?

215 pumps also retard timing at high rpms, so that could be hurting you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

a truely maxed 215 pump even with stock lines will push plenty of fuel. guaranteed!! the injector pump is absolutely not your limiting issue. assuming the injector pump is in perfect working condition.

At higher rpm they are going to pull fuel. Just because it free revs to 4k doesn't mean it's going to fully fuel to there. They may need to be tightened up to get it to fully fuel up high

At higher rpm they are going to pull fuel. Just because it free revs to 4k doesn't mean it's going to fully fuel to there. They may need to be tightened up to get it to fully fuel up high

when I ran it on the street it fueled the whole way to 3800-3900. Would the issue still be gov springs? I am unsure if it was cleaning up the injectors when doing that or not.

If is the gov springs would you recommend tightening the 4k set or just switching to 5k springs?

Also 5x.014s really aren't that much fuel. And yes, listen to disturbed

when I ran it on the street it fueled the whole way to 3800-3900. Would the issue still be gov springs? I am unsure if it was cleaning up the injectors when doing that or not.

If is the gov springs would you recommend tightening the 4k set or just switching to 5k springs?

I'm kinda confused. If it fueled all the way to 38-3900 how are you not sure it cleaned up or not? If it did clean up on the street its not fueling hard then. Maybe our interpretation of fueling is different. I would first verify the injectors, dv and no plate.

Need to confirm fuel plate, DV type and fuel pressure at full load. A 215 with no plate, full cuts, 5x.014s and tightish 4k's will rocket that 63 to the moon.

I'm kinda confused. If it fueled all the way to 38-3900 how are you not sure it cleaned up or not? If it did clean up on the street its not fueling hard then. Maybe our interpretation of fueling is different. I would first verify the injectors, dv and no plate.

I am unsure as my friend was driving the truck at the time so i did not witness it. Perhaps his version of fuel is different from mine as well.
I will get into the pump and verify things.

I am trying to get the video but here are two still shots from the first pull. one from off the line and one half way down the track.

IMG_6063_zpsndcopibl.jpg

imagejpeg_0_zps5q0krnur.jpg

even stock 215 injectors(5 x.010 i believe) would fuel as hard as the pictures show, with the mods you say are done to the pump. definitely verify the full cuts, and no plate.

I don't have any good vi.does of the pulls this year but this is what I have if it helps. First video was with a heavy sled. I peddled it a few times and got out of it at the end when it started to bounce

Second video is the pull where the pictures are from. Quality isn't good and the end is cut off but its what I have.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-l0uj2qME"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-l0uj2qME[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqPTFHQSbY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmqPTFHQSbY[/ame]

Doesn't look to me like it has full cuts in it. You might try to find out what your timing is as well.

I'd be interested to see the delivery valves and whether it has plate in it or not then.

Back