2.6 charger

cumminsforlife

So im trying to figure out what turbo i wanna run for next year. I know harts hx60 is the turbo to have but i was tryin to go out of the box a bit and was wanting to run an s482/or s480/87/1.10 have it clipped and such but my question is would this turbo even light. Having 5x25 with 12mm pump flowing 650 to 700cc,cam, pistons, head work, the whole 9 yards.

I would save your money and wait a year or two to see if 2.6 is even around then.

Last edited:
Talk to Haisley machine if you want to go with a s400 pretty reasonable price

Already have they say the s475 is a thing of the past and the hx60 is whats making all the power but if you could get an s480 to spool should out do the hx60 it just makes since. Of course the 80 would have billet wheel. Or could you run a bigger turbo.

understand that if someone did figure out a hot new set up and is putting 20 feet on the class they aren't going to tell you....

that being said, that happens now with hx 60's at the front and mid class. more to it than just a charger

Already have they say the s475 is a thing of the past and the hx60 is whats making all the power but if you could get an s480 to spool should out do the hx60 it just makes since. Of course the 80 would have billet wheel. Or could you run a bigger turbo.

Huh? 480 isn't that hard to spool.

agreed, with that turbine it should light no problem. Even a clipped s480 is not going to make more power than a hx60. But they are tough chargers at a pretty good price.

Isn't the native wheel used on the 60's an 80?

I thought the hx60 was a 60mm wheel, and the s480 was an 80mm? There fore the s480 will make waaaaayyyy more powa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Funny thing in the other threads they say the hx60 is out dated but its still dominating . From one turbo shop I talked too the one you had Jake was a contender but needs some tweaks

Funny thing in the other threads they say the hx60 is out dated but its still dominating . From one turbo shop I talked too the one you had Jake was a contender but needs some tweaks

Which one was that? And I think they would be referring to the hx60 being out dated in the 3.0 class which it is.

I thought the hx60 was a 60mm wheel, and the s480 was an 80mm? There fore the s480 will make waaaaayyyy more powa!

hx series never have the compressor dementions in the name, you have to know the turbo but s400 series always do have dementions last two numbers, makes it easier. But iv heard mixed things about the hx60 and other turbos, i think some of it is to keep people guessing and others dont really know what they are talking about. I think its ganna have to be trial and error.

Last edited:
hx series never have the compressor dementions in the name, you have to know the turbo but s400 series always do have dementions last two numbers, makes it easier. But iv heard mixed things about the hx60 and other turbos, i think some of it is to keep people guessing and others dont really know what they are talking about. I think its ganna have to be trial and error.

I think his statement is Sarcazime , You didn't like the Gt50 Jake?

I think his statement is Sarcazime , You didn't like the Gt50 Jake?

I'm going to try another one in time, but the one I had was completely different than what I ordered. The vendor made a poor decision on compressor side against my wishes or just sent me whatever he finally got in stock.

Who did the pump work? Would like to see a 12mm p pump flowing 650-700cc's. Just for reference my s475 completely box stock charger t4 1.0 a/r spooled just fine being driven with my monster vp44. Spooled it to 65psi.

Back