2.6 Class 6.7 turbo and injector suggestions

reed cummins

Didn't find too many recent threads on this topic, atleast for the 6.7. I'm looking to step up my 08 truck into a full time puller. I do alright with my current setup in my sig but I could definitely use more fuel. Over the winter I'll be pulling the engine to do a 12v rod swap and coat Pistons and flycut a if necessary. I don't have a hp goal, whatever my stock dual pumps can do. I'm undecided as far as injectors, turbo, and cam. Looking for some proven suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Man that's a pricey turbo! I've heard lots of good things about it though. How big on the cam for that setup?

You can get something to compete with an HX60 for less money, but the turbos in 2.6" are going to be a good bit larger for next year.

No, meaning the turbo frame sizes are going to increase.

meaning pay to play, its getting out of hand honestly, when I have seen a hx80 in a 2.6 class and pass tech it was the last straw for me. A lot has to do with quality control on the tech side but also just the pullers being a well ill just say it ridiculous.
Not tryin to start another d*mn turbo rule war but really...

I see. I'll admit I have little turbo knowledge. For whatever reason I ended up putting a 2.6 turbo on my truck and I've been learning along the way ever since. I'm not trying to piss anyone off, just trying to keep up and have fun doing it.

Getting this bad boy clipped down to 2.6 :lolly:

Attachments

• Biggest Turbo In The World - 09.jpg
    Biggest Turbo In The World - 09.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 0
I had this one at work but couldn't get it out of the basement it was in.

But in all seriousness get ahold of Smoken and see what he has. If you playing to win it's going to cost you.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417811441497.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417811441497.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
The guys at ddp are putting together a package for me. I'll see what they come up with too

Turbine just dictates the rpm range you plan to run. It doesnt necessarily mean a larger turbine will make more power.

A lot of guys out here on the east cost where running D&J machine HX60 this season. but Defiantly give Weston a call, he will be the biggest bang for your buck.

Back