2.6 engine build. Questions/suggestions

And here's a block off plate/drive hub for the waterman pump that a member here sells. Very nice, clean piece. It is pricey

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1469164762659.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1469164762659.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 0
awesome thanks thats exactly what I'm looking for, it really cleans up the motor and allows more free space

Well bit the bullet and ordered a Hamilton head today. This should be a good starting point after I get valves in it and fit it with a intake runner. Pretty exciting seeing this engine build progress, also got a 13mm pump lined up which should be perfect to get me going.

12v

Ok so blocks at the machine shop for all the finish work. Cam bushing are all bored out. Crank is all set. Only things I'm questioning is I'm was planning in running .010" or .012" piston to wall clearance any suggestions?
Also I will be running Mahle Motorsports H bearings

Other thing was any suggestions or must dues. When assembling the motor as far as setting timing to degreeing cam? Tips or things to watch out for?

Got the Hamilton head in Monday going to send it out to be fire ringed and have the intake done. Then valve and springs

12v

Who's doing the machining?

Baril engine is doing the block work and has been awesome to work with. The head will either go to joker fab or contagious diesel. Depending on what I decided to do. More then likely joker fab.

Only think I needs is my valves installed and I need springs,keepers,retainers. Fire ringed,and intake cutoff. Not sure what sidedraft I'll use yet. I have a keating but still looking at options

If your goal is in the somewhat near future, I wound not choose Joker.

I set my motors at that level at 0.012" Ptw. Yes, degree the cam and use the wheel to set timing. I always use spill port to confirm timing of using a pump without a chart.

If your goal is in the somewhat near future, I wound not choose Joker.

I set my motors at that level at 0.012" Ptw. Yes, degree the cam and use the wheel to set timing. I always use spill port to confirm timing of using a pump without a chart.

I know jokers a bit slow but there quality seems nice! and there somewhat local for me.
Are you talking spill port on the pump? Can't say I've ever done that

Back