2.6 Turbo rule for 2010

Well, the 2.6 class just turned into the, "How Much money do you have class"?

Which just turned WS into, "I'll call Greg Young, have him cut the manifold off, port my head, call Shane, have him stuff a Silver 64 into a 6.7 turbo, call Haisley to cut my pistons to match his true billet cam, workstock is now a $30,000 roller cam engine class".

There has to be some class for a Work Stock truck to run in. Or else no one will ever get addicted to the sport unless they're well off.

Sleddy, Greg Hogue was in my truck when he called you and asked if we could cut the manifold and pull in Work Stock. You said no.

If the 2.6 rules stay the way they are now, "2.6 inch maximum inducer bore", then why can't I or someone else, call Greg Young and cut a manifold and put it in Work Stock?

I pull pretty well in the 2.6 class in Texas, and my programmer does say W Thomas on it when I plug it in. But, there has to be some point when enough's enough. Because, if the rules aren't changed then that's what'll happen.

Make 2.6 a S300 class or a spec/sealed box charger class. Or next year WS will become a $30,000 roller engine class. This snowball effect will just keep rolling all the way down to the bottom.

Bash away...

I'll build to suit my/the class I intend to pull in's needs. Not everyone will or can do that, $$$. It'll only hurt the sport.

Well, the 2.6 class just turned into the, "How Much money do you have class"?

Which just turned WS into, "I'll call Greg Young, have him cut the manifold off, port my head, call Shane, have him stuff a Silver 64 into a 6.7 turbo, call Haisley to cut my pistons to match his true billet cam, workstock is now a $30,000 roller cam engine class".

There has to be some class for a Work Stock truck to run in. Or else no one will ever get addicted to the sport unless they're well off.

Sleddy, Greg Hogue was in my truck when he called you and asked if we could cut the manifold and pull in Work Stock. You said no.

If the 2.6 rules stay the way they are now, "2.6 inch maximum inducer bore", then why can't I or someone else, call Greg Young and cut a manifold and put it in Work Stock?

I pull pretty well in the 2.6 class in Texas, and my programmer does say W Thomas on it when I plug it in. But, there has to be some point when enough's enough. Because, if the rules aren't changed then that's what'll happen.

Make 2.6 a S300 class or a spec/sealed box charger class. Or next year WS will become a $30,000 roller engine class. This snowball effect will just keep rolling all the way down to the bottom.

Bash away...

Built engines are not new in the workstock game 3 years or so ago there was a built Dmax that won the workstock. It really does come down to money, there are guys that don't have as much coin in the trucks, but if someone wants to drop $$ in they will probably have an advantage.

Built engines are not new in the workstock game 3 years or so ago there was a built Dmax that won the workstock. It really does come down to money, there are guys that don't have as much coin in the trucks, but if someone wants to drop $$ in they will probably have an advantage.

Does his first name start with a D and last name start with a C?

2.6 and Work Stock are different classes at NADM.

Please everyone, become familiar with the rules and class names before you comment, because it tends to confuse the rest.

need something to keep the 2.8 guys in the 2.8 class, still not a very practical way. Maybe i can get someone to make me a cover so the 2.6 looks "stock apppearing" haha

Does his first name start with a D and last name start with a C?

Can I Get a D:cheer:
Can I Get a C:cheer:
LOL

Mighty Goat

This a motorsport someone will always be able to spend more than you. Nothing new. The great thing about pulling is you can have all the best stuff if you dont now how to use it you will not do worth the darn. More money and power is not always the answer.

How can we make a class to keep all the money out? YOU CAN"T!!:bang

FWIW, DC was not the only built motor in WS that year, I know of a couple more with him. It's still fresh in my head because that was the last year I pulled.:eek:wned: Word has it there is a built LMM in KY pulling work stock this season. Care to venture a guess?

Sorry for the rant - back to 2.6 discussion. The less rules the better. Let people think outside the box and actually build a truck. Then innovation can actually happen and possibly even beat some of the big $ guys.

Ed

You guys can say his name. It was Dale Calender (SP?). Its not like it was a big secret or anything. He even told me at a pull he was running a Cheeta Turbo at the time. And he doesn't know me or anything. He wasnt the only one.

Either teching of the trucks goes up in complexity or the class becomes higher $$$$ with trick turbos. Pulling is not for the guy with just an Edge Box anymore.

haloman said:
Either teching of the trucks goes up in complexity or the class becomes higher $$$$ with trick turbos. Pulling is not for the guy with just an Edge Box anymore.

Pulling on a National (or Regional) level has never been for the little guy. If you are a national organization, make the crowd happy by limiting turbo size and requiring safety equipment on a per class basis.

Face it, the crowd likes the mod trucks and possibly Super Street. If only 20 2.6 trucks show instead of 40, no one will go away complaining they were shorted. Do the same at a local fair pull around here and the crowd would riot since it halves the truck count.

Pulling on a National (or Regional) level has never been for the little guy. If you are a national organization, make the crowd happy by limiting turbo size and requiring safety equipment on a per class basis.

Face it, the crowd likes the mod trucks and possibly Super Street. If only 20 2.6 trucks show instead of 40, no one will go away complaining they were shorted. Do the same at a local fair pull around here and the crowd would riot since it halves the truck count.

Agreed.

Have a spec charger, and lead seal it! Its what they do in the super farm class, and dont seem to have a problem with it. Its easy to tech, all you have to do is look and make sure the lead seal isnt broken.

Have a spec charger, and lead seal it! Its what they do in the super farm class, and dont seem to have a problem with it. Its easy to tech, all you have to do is look and make sure the lead seal isnt broken.

What are the displacement differences of the superfarm engines? Are there limits?

Dan NTPA Superfarm is limited to 640 cubic Inches. There are many tractors running 466's still and even more right at 640.

That's what i'm saying. You just can't let 2.6 get out of control. 2.8 is for turbine tricks and the like. NADM need's to pool together. Get some credible people and make a box charger for the Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. Seal them, sell them for $1,500-2,000. End of discussion. I know motorsports are alway's going to have people toeing the line, and that's fine. But, opening the exducer rule up to unlimited isn't what we need. Or else, it'll be like I said and others have verified, WS will be overrun with 2.8 trucks.

Sleddy, I know 2.6 isn't WS. But, it's like I said, you let 2.6 get out of control and this snowball effect will roll down to the bottom.

Here's a thought, NADM doesn't have a twin turbo, OEM driveline class. Myself and everyone else out there like to watch people break stuff. Alot of people have twins now on the street. Make a twin turbo, OEM driveline class instead of ruining WS and 2.6. Because they could be the Mod class 10 years from now.

With a box stock turbo, folks will just put money in the engine and else where.

That's fine, the compressor exducer is what's limiting the majority of the power. I'm talking about the future of the sport here. Building better engines and developing the technology to be on par with that of the gas world is fine by me. Right now the diesel world is light years behind gasoline racing engines. Force the companies to be creative and build us better engines and parts. A set of springs, pushrods, and a cam shouldn't be considered technology. Nor should 4,000rpm in a Common Rail Cummins.

And that's not by any means an insult to the innovators that have got us this far.

Back