2.99 gas from chrysler/dodge/jeep

lilredranger

It's prolly broke...
Now everyone has heard about the 2.99/gallon deal that is being offered if you buy a new chrysler/dodge/jeep. it sounds almost too good to be true. In my studies at school, we have come up with a few theories why this may be
possible:

the first theory, is that we are not in as bad of a situation as we think. with the connections that chrysler has with OPEC, they may know something we don't, i.e. fuel prices will head back down after summer, which is why they are willing to promise 2.99/gal for three years. they may predict that after summer, the prices will be around 2.99/gal keeping them from having to pay any difference in price for the last 2 years. If it really was predicted to be $5+/gal, that would leave huge operating profits minimal for a company that has a horrible track record of bankrupcy and bailouts.

the second is not as reasuring. Just that chrysler uses so much fuel in their testing of vehicles, that OPEC has given them a special bulk pricing, much like over the road truckers enjoy for a few months at a time, where they can lock in a negotiated rate for a period of time. however, to me three years of 2.99/gal if the price really will go up to 5+/gal seems almost unlikely that a profit hungry OPEC would offer. not to mention OPEC hates the U.S. and knows that we are dumb enough to keep buying gas/diesel no matter the price, before taking public transportation. But they do know that the technology is available to create a sustainable renewable energy in vehicles, and may be giving incentive to chrysler NOT to further develop alternative fuels.

Anyones thoughts....? Idea? other theories?

Now everyone has heard about the 2.99/gallon deal that is being offered if you buy a new chrysler/dodge/jeep. it sounds almost too good to be true. In my studies at school, we have come up with a few theories why this may be
possible:

the first theory, is that we are not in as bad of a situation as we think. with the connections that chrysler has with OPEC, they may know something we don't, i.e. fuel prices will head back down after summer, which is why they are willing to promise 2.99/gal for three years. they may predict that after summer, the prices will be around 2.99/gal keeping them from having to pay any difference in price for the last 2 years. If it really was predicted to be $5+/gal, that would leave huge operating profits minimal for a company that has a horrible track record of bankrupcy and bailouts.

the second is not as reasuring. Just that chrysler uses so much fuel in their testing of vehicles, that OPEC has given them a special bulk pricing, much like over the road truckers enjoy for a few months at a time, where they can lock in a negotiated rate for a period of time. however, to me three years of 2.99/gal if the price really will go up to 5+/gal seems almost unlikely that a profit hungry OPEC would offer. not to mention OPEC hates the U.S. and knows that we are dumb enough to keep buying gas/diesel no matter the price, before taking public transportation. But they do know that the technology is available to create a sustainable renewable energy in vehicles, and may be giving incentive to chrysler NOT to further develop alternative fuels.

Anyones thoughts....? Idea? other theories?

Wow why don't you look at something much simpler.

Do the math, they are limiting you to like 12,000 miles a year, they are using the advertised MPG on the vehicles if I recall correctly. Lets figure average 20 mpg

That is 600 gallons per year and if gas hits $5/gal they are only paying a $1200 rebate per year, so it is $3600 total, and they aren't even paying that up front, they are only paying that as you use it. If gas hits 6 it would be a total of 4800.

not only does it have a milage limit it also has a gallons/year limit i thought of buying into a new diesel then filling up my storage tanks untill i found this out lol

I didn't think it was available on the diesel models? maybe im wrong?

I didn't think it was available on the diesel models? maybe im wrong?

The deal includes gas and diesel

Let's Refuel America" available throughout the U.S. exclusively at Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge dealerships through June 2, 2008 Three-year price protection from volatile gas prices available on compact, mid-size and full-size models, minivans, crossovers and pickup truck models

Seventy-six percent of customers cite rising gas prices as "top concern" Auburn Hills, Mich. - In response to direct customer feedback citing the prospect of rising gas prices as a top concern, Chrysler LLC today announces its own economic stimulus package: an exclusive gas price protection policy that eliminates the risk of further spikes in fuel prices. With the U.S. purchase of eligible Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles, customers can enroll in the "Let's Refuel America" program and receive a gas card that immediately lowers their gas price to $2.99 a gallon, and keeps it there for three years. The offer is available at 3,521 U.S. Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships through June 2, 2008, and is available on vehicles ranging from popular new compacts, crossovers and minivans to full-size diesel-powered pickup trucks.

Did anyone read the fine print for this promotion? You must register your credit card with the refuel america program. Then you will get a new credit card from refuel america. You must use this credit card to buy your fuel, then Chrysler will pay the difference.
If you don't pay the balance off every month you will pay interest on the difference, I don't see much of a savings there

Between now and June 2, anyone who buys any new Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep vehicle will be able to register for a "Let's Refuel America" card. Once the customer registers a credit card with the program, they will receive a new card that they can then use at participating gas stations to fuel up their new car or truck. When the card is used, the credit card that the owner has on file will be billed $2.99 a gallon for either regular gas, E85 or diesel fuel.

NorthGlenn dodge here in the denver area is one-upping the 2.99 special in a way. they are offering .99 cent gas or diesel for one year only though. just heard it from a co worker, i assume the same terms apply. i will try to find the details on it.

NorthGlenn dodge here in the denver area is one-upping the 2.99 special in a way. they are offering .99 cent gas or diesel for one year only though. just heard it from a co worker, i assume the same terms apply. i will try to find the details on it.

my local dealer is offering 1.99 for the 3 years

Back