2 issues on big blue

Stocko6

1) p0306 code (un erasable) but runs fine

2) Frozen HFCM thumb screw plug (douched it and still frozen)

Your thoughts are much appreciated . . . .

Thanks Dino

Attachments

• 6E7Z9C082A.jpg
    6E7Z9C082A.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
#1 P0306 INJ Cylinder #6 misfire detected Mechanical engine failure

I got nothing for that one, pull an oil sample and look for excessive fuel in oil?

#2 Heat the housing gently and see if that helps.

I got nothing for that one, pull an oil sample and look for excessive fuel in oil?

This^ and I'd replace that injector

I'm leaning towards replacing injector also. But it runs ok?

runs great yep. Eric at Innovative claims she will throw "phantom" codes while running tunes . Ficm and turbo supply line was replaced at the dealer last year. Sent it back stock to them while serviced , dealer didnt mention anything either . Hmmm

would i notice any power loss with #6 sleeping ???

Last edited:
runs great yep. Eric at Innovative claims she will throw "phantom" codes while running tunes . Ficm and turbo supply line was replaced at the dealer last year. Sent it back stock to them while serviced , dealer didnt mention anything either . Hmmm

would i notice any power loss with #6 sleeping ???

Random codes with custom tunes can happen. Ive had it happen to me.

If #6 were bad you would notice a loss in fuel mileage and you would most likely only fill a miss under a good load.(lugging with the TC locked)

You could always put that injector into another hole and see if the code follows it, but that's a good bit of effort. If you're not having any symptoms just forget about the code and run it.

no miss Goose. she'll pretty much do that dance when i hit the skinny one . i give her a daily dose of 15/40 every 2500 with rev x. putting bout 10k a year on her. hopefully my 14 yo son will get it, STOCK of course. Oil sample coming soon . What should we be looking for there ?

what is an injector replacement going for at the stealer? off warrantee.

Attachments

• 2006350.jpg
    2006350.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0

i put a heat gun on hfcm drain thumb screw pretty good . i stripped the thumb screw .no go . whats the fitting for the screw ? hex or torx?

im using my thumb to tighten next round :cheer:

Back