2 probs, 2 different trucks

Mat415

Hey guys,

For the first truck...
I just acquired another '03 truck that has apparently had a fairly rough life (not a straight body panel on it). Anyway, someone has been under the hood jacking with stuff before I got it, and it wouldn't run. I did some quick trouble shooting and got the obvious stuff straightened up but,,,someone had disconnected the #5&6 injector plug leaving the plug where it looked OK from a distance. I can't believe I didn't find this, as I had checked every other plug under the hood. Anyway, I started it...and of course it was missing on 2 cylinders. I looked under the hood with it running for obvious issues and then the connector finally fell apart (where I could obviously see the problem). I fired it back up after I connected the injectors, but they are still dead.

Any thoughts? Is the driver or ECM junk, or is there a reset somewhere that I am not aware of?

Second truck,
'03 with a 48RE trans. It has 492,xxx miles now. In Sept '12, the tranny stopped shifting 1-3 (took off in 3rd). I replaced the governor solenoid and pressure sensor with the upgraded Borg W. unit, and all was good until now. It is intermittently doing the same thing as before now...sometimes we start it and it's fine, others when started, it does the 3rd gear take-off. I can manually run the tranny through the gears using the shifter, so I know the rotating stuff is still sound. I figure it only has about 40k miles since the solenoid and pressure sensor was changed. I also switched the tranny to synthetic fluid when I had did this past work on it.

I spoke the the fella I bought the solenoid from a couple days ago. He said there was no warranty, but that the upgraded Borg Warner solenoids have given "No Trouble" since they came out. :confused:

Anyone have a suggestion? I don't have time to pull the pan and troubleshoot this one...it has to roll down the road. I will just have to take a shot in the dark as to what it needs so I can swap parts and roll on.

Thanks for the help guys!
Mat

call ya boy Greg Hogue? He can fix anything!

(half kidding)

There is no denying that I have helped Greg with many of his "programs" over the years. The fact is, I will continue to help him if I can. (Believe it or not, he has done lots for me and other fellow racers I have been associated with over the years.) On the other hand, I do NOT condone things he says on this board (or any other for that matter) when he gets diarrhea of the keyboard, etc. You guys beat him up a lot, but in all honesty,,,he is his own worst enemy most of the time.

I simply came to this section of the forum to get a little help from guys that actually know how to fix this. Hopefully someone that knows will chime in here and help a fellow CompD member out.

Never mind on the first truck. Not sure what I did, but did some more cleaning up of the mess that someone made under that hood and it seems to run fine...for now.

Still looking for insight on the tranny problem though...anyone in the know have some thoughts???

Mat

Back