2000 Dodge 2500 Reg cab 4x4 NV4500

Not_Agn

2000 Dodge 2500 4x4 reg cab long bed. V-8, 5-speed, 160000 miles. Truck has been sitting for a year. Dead battery so I don't know exact mileage, but its right around 160000. The truck starts and drives. Never has left me stranded. I do construction work and was using it for hauling away garbage. Has heavy load springs in the rear, and HD transfer case. Always starts. Will need a heater core, some brake work(feels spongy),and some exhaust work. Catalytic converter might be starting to plug. It would make a great plow truck for someone. Tires are on the bald side. I have replaced the front wheel joints, right front wheel bearing, radiator, and the rear end was replaced. All before I stopped driving it. Because of the rear end being replaced with a d70 rather then a d60 the speedometer doesn't work. The different rear end had a different plug, just never wired it up. Also that is the reasond for the third gen wheels. the stock 16" wheels wouldn't fit over the rear drums. The new rear end has the same gear ratio, so no problems with 4x4. Works as it should. The drivers side rear window has been replaced with a piece of plexiglass. Any other questions just ask. Thanks! Dan 630-545-5020

Attachments

• Htc evo 3 041.jpg
    Htc evo 3 041.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Htc evo 3 042.jpg
    Htc evo 3 042.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
I was holding on to this truck to use the nv-4500 and transfer case and all the other parts I would need for a manual transmission swap. Just not going to happen anymore. No time, money, or place to do it.

Does the engine burn oil? How is the steering? Low dollar? I have a nephew looking for a Dodge and this would be perfect for him. What part of northern IL?

Body is rusty. Mainly the drivers side rocker is pretty much gone. There is some rust around the wheel wells. Truck is located in Kingston,IL 60145. It did lose some oil, but the vavle covers could be the culprit of that? Give me a call and we can discuss price, etc.

will you sell just the stuff to do the conversion form a auto to the 5 speed. Like the tranny, bell housing, pedels and all that good stuff.

Was wanting to sell the whole truck. I don't have the time or the place to part it out. Call me and we can discuss price. Clean and clear IL title. From what I have seen a bundle of parts to do the swap for is not that much cheaper then this whole truck. And you would have some other parts to sell and scrap the rest and recover some more money?

Dan, I was very serious when I told you I got my nephew the loan for this truck. He wants to try to meet you in Dubuque over the weekend if thats still gonna work for you.

Thanks Dan! Got it all patched up and running like a dream again. Was a pleasant surprise finding the DHD behind the NV4500 in it. My nephew feels like a pimp driving his first ever truck and he has already bought a Cummins for it.

Thanks again!

Back