20002 F350 question

haywire4

Not sure if I'm in the right place or doing this right
I'm new to this forum thing.
Any way I'm looking to get a diesel
I don't have a lot of money to spend. What I found is a 2002 F350
powerstroke4x4 crewcab long bed. I .
really want the 4 door long bed.
The thing that's bothers me is it has 290,000 miles on it.
According to the dealer' its 1 owner who has service records for its entire life.
The trucks is fully loaded.I haven't talked to the dealer yet, to see what the records say.The truck looks clean inside and out.
Their asking $10,000.
Is this a good price?
I live in Illinois.
Thanks

The body is real clean, no dents, bangs no rust that I could see.
The under carriage has your typical Mid West surface rust but nothing
eaten through.
No drips or leaks.
How much life could I expect out of this engine?
If I could get him down to $8,000 do you think that would worth it?

seems like a hell of a deal to me cant get an old 7.3 for that price around here even with that kind of milage.

Little on the expensive side, but if it's stock an well maintained with good oil an filters it'll last quite a few more miles

Buy it drive it! One owner with proper maintenance, cab and bed you want go for it.

Bit pricey I think. Yesterday my dad traded his 2003 F350 7.3 crew cab long bed 130k in on a 6.7. It had a rebuilt trans with shift kit, new exhaust, and all new front end all done in last 1,000 miles. Would have sold it for $11k but traded it instead. Bunch of stuff on it as well. Would have been perfect for you, even in IL.

that's high on that truck $8,000 is kinda iffy. check oil pan for rust.

if you could get it for eight i would do it. if it has been taken care of it should have plenty of miles left in it but a truck with that many miles is going to need repairs. guess it depends if you want to mess with some little stuff or not.

Thanks for the reply.
Still not sure.
Gonna try to get there today to what all has been done to the truck.
Thanks again.

Back