2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Sport 6 Speed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer

Verbal Junk Author
2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Quad Cab.

This is my Fiancee's first Cummins she ever owned.It was bought in 2002 used with only 14k on the Odometer and has been with her ever since and is a 2 owner truck.It has been driven the last 3 years less than 4,000 miles and with the recent PA Inspection it was driven last year 1200 miles.It is garage kept and detailed on a regular basis for shows and show season.All of the notorious Dodge Door Rust was removed and new panels put in their places.There are a few scrapes and scratches on the exterior but nothing to major to worry about.This truck has never been smoked in at all since it was new as we knew the original owner.Here are the details and I will try and get it out of storage for interior pics this week,weather permitting.if anyone wants/needs them posted.....

Motor....
24v H/O with 120,00 on the Odometer.
6 Speed
New Blue Chip Diesel VP44.
New AirDog DF165.
New Edge Juice w/Attitude Monitor.(Fuel pressure and trans temp are both hooked up and working)
Diamond Eye 4 Inch Exhaust.
Luk-Pro Gold Single Disc Clutch.
K&N Drop In Air Filter.(I also have a aftermarket Air Box here,think its a BD,for it that will go along,needs a new filter)
Has Dynoed 309.88/734.45 as it sits.

Suspension....
6 Inch Over BDS Long Arm Suspension installed By Hoaks 4wD.
Fox 2.0 Shocks.
New Dick Cepek DC2 16x8 Wheels.(Wheels were recently replaced under warranty due to clear coat peeling).
Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Tires 315/75R16.
Lift and Tire Wheel package has been on the truck for only 2 years and has very few miles on them.
RedHead Quick Ratio Steering Gear.
Solid Steel DSS Brace.

Exterior....
Suncoast Creations Pontiac Style WS6 Ram Air style hood,all fiberglass and finshed underneath.
SmittyBuilt Double Tube Roll Bar.Recently repowdercoated by Sanderson Powersports in Hammertone Color.
Scorpion Sprayed In Bedliner with Metal Flake Color Enhancement.
Warn 4x Flares.
All Windows are Tinted except for windshield.

Interior....
Full Leather Interior with BOTH front seats Power/heated.
Complete Factory Woodgrain Option.
New Pioneer Head Unit CD w/Ipod Controls option.
All Speakers by JBL with 2 10" Subs under rear seat in Thunderfoam Box.
I do not remember whose AMP it is but will check the truck is pulled from storage.

$21,500 Or Best Offer.

This truck is being offered for sale as it has lost her interest since we bought the 2007.5 Lifted 2500 from SledPuller21.We know it is not a powerhouse and it was never built upon to make it that way,however,you may not find a cleaner truck and anyone who knows me understands my attention to detail.We do not want any tire kickers,picture collectors or game players.Please understand,We DO NOT need to sell this truck and it can sit right where it is at and it will not bother us.I will have this truck detailed and cleaned for the new owner when they pick it up.

You may contact me here VIA PM or email me direct at VRSCX66@gmail.com ........Andy

Here are the photos we have of it as it sits currently.......

08072010039_zps56fb6d49.jpg

20015-002_zps5346c771.jpg

20015-003_zps464f011b.jpg

20015-004_zpsc3f3c67b.jpg

20015-005_zpsf445cef7.jpg

20015-006_zpsec8fa9bd.jpg

When the eyes of the ranger are upon you... Lol good luck man

When the eyes of the ranger are upon you... Lol good luck man

Not sure what you mean with this,but my gal says thank you for the look at the truck.

OK..
Thanks for the help,I am dense today.Spent all day in the shop detailing trucks and the Harley's and the fumes must have gotten to me.There are not many days when its as nice as it was today here so I took advantage of it....Andy

You will not find cleaner nor better cared for trucks than from Andy! :rockwoot:

Good luck with the sale buddy!

do you know if it has the 53 block or not?

It is my understanding throughout the years the notorious "53" block issues remained with the 99 and early 2000 trucks.However,I will gladly look this weekend for you as i have been asked to get some photos of the interior and the amp specs.

Mark....
Thanks for the kind words on our trucks.I know you have seen first hand how we keep our rides and know I hate dirt.LOL.

I looked this morning as someone asked me how old the the BlueChip VP44 was and was surprised.Since the VP and the entire fuel system was replaced in early 2010 the truck has only ran 6200 miles.It just doesn't get driven and with it being a stick I want no part of driving it and with my gals health issues she can not handle the clutch anymore.This is a nice truck and will make someone a great truck and we both hate to see it go,just like when my 98 left.But the time has come for it to be placed into a good home.We will not have any more sticks as we both enjoy the built automatics much better.

Yea but he drove a gasser.

Yes and it was a 1995 EXt Cab 1500 with a 360.It also was a single tube roll bar not a double.

Last edited:
6 spd trucks have the HO motor, HO motors were never 53 blocks.

How sure of this are you? I have a 2000 with a 6-speed, with a 53 uncracked block.

EDIT: I am not sure if it is a high output motor or not. It has an 1-1/4" input shaft. I have heard about pump numbers to determine if it has a high out put motor or not. But I do know the previous owner did put a injection pump on it. So who knows what I have.

Very nice truck, GLWS! Location?

Outside of York,PA.Thanks for the comment about the truck.

2000 6speed trucks were not H/O's as the H/O was not available until 2001.

The block is not a 53 as Lee had already stated.

Forgot to add this truck has 35w HID's in the low beams and 35w HID's in the driving lights and both have 6k blubs.

For those who have asked.....
The speakers,subs and amp are all made by J&L Audio.
The amp is a 500x5 and ran at 2ohms.
Excuse the animal hair.We took this truck to the recent round of Herding Trails to get one of our MIni-Aussies certified and when 6 dogs are in the truck for the day,things tend to get messy,LOL.Again,it will be cleaned and detailed before it leaves here.
Here are some of the interior pics and a pic of the amp.

Interior-001_zpsf653190b.jpg

Interior-002_zps3e448922.jpg

Interior-003_zps16c6e9d6.jpg

Interior-004_zps2f887ba9.jpg

Amp_zps0d6c6967.jpg

Before anyone asks,the button you see to the lower left of the steering wheel is for the Nathan K3LA's that are on the truck now.They are being removed and installed on the other truck as this thread is running and will not be part of the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back