2001 Excursion V10 to 5.9CR swap

ceno

So as life would have it things change. Been building a 2wd 03 dakota with an 03 CR. It did run....till I had some carnage lol. Engine came out and got a makeover.

.020 over
12V polish and peened rods
New studs
103lbs valve springs
Dual cp3
63% injectors
Billet 63/68 .91 turbo

Was almost together again and this excursion fell in my lap. Being we have 5 kids and I don't really have time for the dakota "toy" I've decided to swap the excursion. Going with the NV4500 and a south bend double disk since I have them already but I want it to be as reliable as possible an don't need the 700+ I was shooting for. Wiring will be the the painless setup I have in the dakota now. I assume I can just tie in the sensors needed for the gauges to work. So thinking some 50hp injectors and a smarty should move it along pretty well with the 63 as a single and spool descent with the stick.

I also have an 03 3500 that has just the trans upgraded so fun stuff can go on that. I have a wide array of parts beyond the listed. Thinking I can put the 63% overs with the dual pumps and an stock/475 turbo setup on the ram since I can't seem to figure how that would fit with the heater box on the excursion.

Sorry for the long post. So many options and I can't seem to decide :nail:

Last edited:
Back