2003 6.0 IPR screen replacement.

DirtyMaxx03

Need to replace the screen on the brand new IPR that was installed about 100 miles ago. Looks like a piece of o ring from the new oil filter made it's way to the screen and messed it up.

How does a guy go about dis assembling the IPR?

Thanks

Before you replaced the IPR and ran it, did you pull the cooler and replace the oil inlet screen for the HPOP? That's the only route debris can follow to reach the IPR, the panes are always damaged

No. We didn't touch the HPOP at all. It looks like a pieces of o ring from the oil filter are what is taking these screens out. How do we go about flushing the oil out? Crank the truck with the IPR out?

You could. At the Ipr engine oil pressure is the only thing that will flow out but you will continue to see IPR failure of that screen is damaged.

Sent from my flashscan v2

The screen under the oil cooler that is

Filter to cooler to block. Under the cooler there is basically a tank cast into the valley. At the bottom rear is the screen. The oil through the screen shoots through a gallery to the HPOP. All the debris in the crank case seems to make it to that screen though

What I don't understand is we are seeing a lot of what appears to be tiny pieces of a gray o ring. There's quite a bit and what has me stumped is that none of the injectors are acting up. Is there anything with an o ring besides the IPR that sees oil after all the injectors do?

It might be. They are all pieces so I can't tell exactly what they are. They're gray and rubber

Back