2003 AT Cruise I give Up

TCDiesel

Home of the Gold Pumps
2003 AT Cruise control I give Up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have had this cruise Problem for close to 3 years DC and 4 Dealers. NO Luck. Today I disconnect every mod ( 3rd Time) on this truck for the dealers last shot, No workie again.. looks like the legal battle starts NOW.. the cruise will not stay at set speed (Surge) the Accel button dose not work, hit the cancel Button and it takes off. the coast Button is not functional( in fact it goes to WOT at Times).they have replaced every mechanical Part , Switches ,servo, vacuum pump,sensor , brake switch,every component except for the Jtec PCM and the ECM.they tried to flash NO GO.I"m sure the Problem lies in the communication between the PCM to ECM speed signal.DC will NOT replace these components even at the dealerships request.It seems as if they have succeeded in milking this to their five Year Goal.
The cruise has not worked properly for 4 years, We also have 3 owners with similar issues with the cruise, customers have had the same out come at the local dealers here.For the ones that may point at the mods, the cruise control circuits and components are very isolated and independent with to NO relationship. (2003 AT) 04 and Up have integrated components
Right now even any guess would be helpful.

The ABS module has one circuit tied to the Cruise, if I disconnect the wheel switches it make the ABS Non-functional, which is required by law to have.it is integrated to the FCM through the IPM,Distribution center,thanks in advance.

PCM main wiring harness replaced, TSB-08-031-03 ,was performed , but he Dealer Tech saw no need in replacing the Harness Back in 2004.. Part #AR 56040478AG PCM - 5.9 L Diesel - Fed. - 47RE, Std. Output , Harness 56051861AA. confirmed fix

Back