2003 Dodge Half ton swap PLEASE CHIME IN

IMG_0100.jpg

Theres a pic of the intercooler setup, I used one from a 6.0 power stroke, also using 6.0 trans cooler, factory 5.7 hemi radiator.

Looks like I'm going to try and tackle this too. Great job so far man! Keep the updates coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting project should be fun to drive. Was kind of a nice donor truck makes me miss having money to play with my toys.

Well guys its 98% percent finished, drove it several times yesterday, truck needs a new rear shock, don't have overdrive or lockup yet but I believe its my fault, other than that its fun to drive!!
heres a video, I ended up circling and one of my buddies jumped in and i pulled out on the highway and he asks if i knew the tail lights weren't in it, whoops!

https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/11649730_931232100233053_1690331412_n.mp4?efg=eyJxZSI6InZpZGVvX2FkdmVydGlzZXJzXzIwMTUwNTIwLDM2MHAiLCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InJlc180MjZfY3JmXzIzX21haW5fMy4wX3NkIn0%3D&oh=944c40d277f601d0383fc3cc3d408fcb&oe=55884810

Very nice! I just converted my long bed truck into a single cab short bed and it is so much fun!

Did you use the 12v powersteering pump for the rack and pinion? Also what about the brakes did you just use the 12v vacuum pump?

Did you use the 12v powersteering pump for the rack and pinion? Also what about the brakes did you just use the 12v vacuum pump?

Yes, factory 94 dodge power steering pressure line fit just fine, same end as the rack, used factory power steering cooler and return line i had to adapt from 5/8-3/8 hose, hooked up booster to vacuum pump

How was the wiring?
I wasn't going for "factory" I've always wanted a race truck, but voltmeter and speedo work fine, when I get extra time I will try to make the other gauges work, but for now I have an auto meter oil pressure and water temp gauge which I like for the accuracy. But everything else functions like it did before, I even have keyless entry!

Last edited:
I've pretty much got all the bugs worked out, I took the fuel plate out and slid the afc full forward, I've owned a lot of trucks ranging over 600 horse dd's but this has got to be the funnest truck I've ever had. People stare, people have followed me till I've got to where I'm going to ask about it. Will be taking it to the strip next weekend to get a baseline of what it runs then the mod process will start.

Finally found a deal on some 2wd third gen 2500 springs, put them in last night, fit like factory! Will post a picture sometime.

Back