2003 Excursion Diesel, F-450 front axle?? Hub Questions

Just to complete this thread, I indeed bought the Superwinch manual hubs part# 400439 and they fit and work perfectly !!!!

Thanks Guys

Zino

Just to complete this thread, I indeed bought the Superwinch manual hubs part# 400439 and they fit and work perfectly !!!!

Thanks Guys

Zino

glad everything worked out i've been trying to convince my dad to do this with his excursion... his hubs have corroded out twice in the past 3-4 years

glad everything worked out i've been trying to convince my dad to do this with his excursion... his hubs have corroded out twice in the past 3-4 years

Yep, the fundamental problem with the stock hubs is that they are under a vaccuum when in operation. This has the nasty side effect of sucking in water and road salt. $129 from Summit and its done for good now. Tell him to do it.

Yep, the fundamental problem with the stock hubs is that they are under a vaccuum when in operation. This has the nasty side effect of sucking in water and road salt. $129 from Summit and its done for good now. Tell him to do it.

i'll have to check out summit... yeah we go snowmobiling in upstate new york all the time in the winter, almost every winter, half the time we use my truck (no problems with anything) but sometimes he wants more comfort so brings the EX... then we come back and that spring we take stuff apart and their shot *bdh*

So I have checked out 3 F-450's from 2000 to 2001 and the front brakes are the same as my F-350 is now. What do I need to look for?

I am not sure what truck has the bigger rotors and all. I have checked out 2 F-550 trucks today and the fronts are the EXACT same as my F-350 is now.

Back