2003 F250 V10 to 12v w/ Pics

Ryland1503

Hi, I finished my conversion about 2 1/2 weeks ago and have about 750 miles on it so far and love it! Cummins Forum and CompD have helped me a lot, so Thank You guys. If have any questions I ll be happy to answer them. The truck still needs some finishing touches and of course will never be completely "finished", so I ll still be looking for yall's advice and input.

Here's the specs:
ENGINE
1995 12v 175 pump
ported & polished head
Three angle valve job
60lb springs
balanced crankshaft
New rings and bearings
TRANS:
rebuilt 98 and up NV4500
Centerforce 13" pressure plate
custom built clutch disc
Ace mfg flywheel with ball bearing pilot
NP 273 Transfer case
TRUCK:
2003 F250 Lariat FX4
8" Superlift
Skyjacker dual stearing stabilizer
38x15.50r16 Mickey Thompson MTZs
4.56 gears

DSCN1169.jpg

DSCN1170.jpg

DSCN1172.jpg

im having a hard time figuring out how to wire up the fuel shut off and am stumped on how to hook up the powersterring/hydro boost could ya post up some pictures of that please?

Red wire. Run to starter
White wire. Run to key hot
Black wire. Ground

Take the hydroboost hose that went to your powerstroke PS pump and have the dodge hose end spliced on.

Thanks smoke binder, yeah we have a lot more shoes and clutches laying around that im sure will appear in other photos as for the V10 it was sold.
DSCN1163.jpg

DSCN1157.jpg

DSCN1159.jpg

DSCN1174.jpg

What are you using for fuel/filtration system? I'm in the middle of my swap and trying to decide what route to go thanks

Im running a new stock style lift pump from Cummins, stock fuel/ water seperator, 3/8 push lock with flared fittings on the ends, baldwin filter base mounted on the frame with a baldwin spin on filter, and a draw straw at the tank. I reused one of the stock ford lines as the return unpluged the fuel pump and retained the ford sending unit.

DSCN1181.jpg

DSCN1182.jpg

DSCN1192.jpg

DSCN1193.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

The leaf spring bushings were bad, so I went ahead and replaced them while there was no weight in the front.
DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

Then it was time to drop her in!
DSCN1206.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

I ll post some more pics once I download them off my camera.

Im running a new stock style lift pump from Cummins, stock fuel/ water seperator, 3/8 push lock with flared fittings on the ends, baldwin filter base mounted on the frame with a baldwin spin on filter, and a draw straw at the tank. I reused one of the stock ford lines as the return unpluged the fuel pump and retained the ford sending unit.

Thanks for the info. Your swap looks great, I really like the color scheme on your engine!!!

Sorry for not posting in awhile business has picked up and its summer down here so I've been busy enjoying it. The truck now has approx. 4500 miles on it.
DSCN1224.jpg

DSCN1229.jpg

Ford master cylinder and line with Dodge slave cylinder
DSCN1233.jpg

DSCN1249.jpg

DSCN1250.jpg

DSCN1251.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

DSCN1253.jpg

DSCN1258.jpg

I ll get some more pics posted when get a chance.

Oh, I would like to add that I did not have to modify the rear driveshaft and front bolted right in as well but it had been previously lengthened because of the lift. I just bolted the driveshafts on, squared the drivetrain, and built the mounts off of that.

Thanks Jay and Kasey, that blazer you have is sweet, I'd love to have one and the Excursion is a beast, both great jobs. As for the total cost I haven't added it up yet, kinda haven't wanted to know lol, but I ll let you know when I do, probably some
where around $4k.

Back