2003 with 18k miles.

relay93

I found a used 2003 Dually 4x4 with 6 speed with 18k miles. Owner asking $20k.

As far as the 2003's what should I be concerned about since the warranty is almost gone?

All thought will be appreciated.

Thanks.

warranty isn't gone cummins is 100k miles, don't remember anything about a time limit.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I thought the warranty was over on the motor after 7 years regardless of mileage.

Where is this truck, what is the seller's phone number so I can ask him questions to help you????

i'll check my owners manual and see what it says. thing is to depending what the owners manual says some of the cummins warranties start after the dodge one is up so they end up under warranty for like 170k miles or 10 years or something like that.

yes cummins has the 100k warranty but its a dodge and they only give you 5 years. that is what i had on my 03 with it older then 5 years you more less buy as is

I was being silly- seems like a pretty good deal. Unless they have changed the mileage somehow (dash module or ECM, can't remember where it's stored) that should be one cherry ride. '03s had the lower output engines but seem to get significantly better fuel mileage than the later ones and don't seem to have "as much" melt down issues when tuned and fueled heavily. You will have the NV5600 trans which is a good thing, no dual mass flywheel or too low geared G56. The 100,000 miles warranty is only for 5 years in the Dodge trucks so you are up on that and it's going to be "as is", so look it over good to make sure it really does only have 18k miles.

Talked to the owner today instead of email. The truck was owned by his father-in-law who passed away. The truck really has 18k miles on it. He told me everything about the truck and it sounds good. The only I don't like is that it has 4:10 gears and pulling a trailer it gets about 10 to 12 mpg's which is about what I get with my 96. Waiting on more pics.

Thanks for the replies.

I managed to get 16-17 mph with my '03 2500 4dr short bed 6spd with 4.10s unloaded. If you pull trailers on a regular basis you WILL NOT care about the 4.10's after a short while. I b*tched about my 4.10's all the time because I "wanted mileage" ....well I had numerous probs with my '03 and its gone. I now have a 99 Auto with 3.55's....I want my 4.10's back!:soap:

Check and see if its got the lift pump on the back of the fuel filter housing or if it had the intake pump retro fitted. The intake pump is more desireable, but the good thing is if it still has the pump on the back of the housing if it dies it won't start which saves the CP3 from burning up. Unlike 24V VP44's.

Also injectors are NOTORIOUS for dieing in 03's...especially if you run any kind of box that raise's rail pressure. I ran my edge juice/att on level 4 because that's where I got the most mpg. Lost my injectors about 3-4 months after buying the truck.

Back