2005 F250 6.0. won't start

Johnson1

Last weekend was very cold. I started my truck and it ran for about 5 seconds and died. I cycled the glow plugs and tried it again but it wouldn't start. I plugged it in for 4 hours and tried again but it wouldn't start. Then I left it overnight and trade it in the morning plugged in and it still wouldn't start.*
I assumed the fuel was gelled up so I replaced the filters and added 911. Still nothing. It's 48 degrees here and still nothing.
My battery's are old and questionable so I put a charger on them. The engine cranks faster but Still nothing. I checked the oil level and it was a little low so I topped it off.*
I'm considering replacing the batteries but don't want to spend the money if it isn't the problem. It cranks really fast, but I read where the engine needs a certain amount of juice.
Help please

I have seen batteries do the trick before. Usually there is code for it thou do you have a cel

Thanks Jake. I thought about replacing the batteries, just didn't want to spend the money if I didn't need to. I am going to have them tested today.
What does cel stand for?

check Engine light has been on for a couple months since I did the EGR delete. I was told the check engine light will stay on until I have the computer reprogrammed. Should I get a scan tool and check the codes?

I would get the codes checked for sure. If you got your EGR deleted you will probably have an EGR flow code. Don't worry about that one. Look for low voltage or low hpo. Did you check to see of you had fuel pressure ?

Seems like I have plenty of fuel pressure. The filter on top of the engine has a lot of pressure build up.
Pulled the codes and it says "ICP too low"
buddy of mine says we need to pull the hpop and replace it....
Thoughts?

Seems like I have plenty of fuel pressure. The filter on top of the engine has a lot of pressure build up.
Thoughts?

Id get a scanner on it and ck icp and ipr reading and Ck for high pressure oil leaks first before i throw a pump at it.

Thoughts?

I would do a air pressure test first and check Ipr valve. I've only replace led 1 hpop. Most of the time the Ipr valve is stuck or a blown oring. Or on and 05 or newer the stc fitting.

I agree with jake. Don't just throw parts at it. I have only seen 1 true pump failure and I work on these things everyday. You need to do an air test and find where your problem is. Possible IPR/ICP or a bad o-ring. Or STC fitting.

my 05 was an HPOP at 125,000 miles. all O-rings STC and standpipes were just fine. HPOP's happen. all with 5W40 synthetic since i bought it with 50k miles

Back