2006 SRT6 Cummins Build Thread and Introduction

Can anyone enlighten me on an easy way to upload photos? It seems CompD is fighting me!

IMG_3336.jpg

Tuned in to see the finished product. I've also noticed lately a lot of photo bucket links have to be clicked on to display the image. ^^^ yours is one of the first in a while I haven't had to click on.

there is a whole thread on fixing photo bucket links, it is a setting you must change on your photobucket page.

I went to all of my settings on photobucket and applied everything that may apply and a lot of images still don't show up... oh well.

this should help

1. Click Update Link Options in the photobucket page where you are viewing one of your images

2. In the page that opens after you clicked Update Link Options, uncheck the option to Link Back to Albums

Once you do that, click the Save button, at the bottom of the page.

You will know that your configuration is correct to use images on AL when you see that the IMG option starts with :

Thanks for the quick help guys.

New drive shaft installed. Man what a hassle adapting to the factory 9.25" axle in this truck!

driveshaft.jpg

Last edited:
Unchecked my "Link Back to Albums" box and all appears to by righted. Hows it look to you?

Took her for a drive yesterday. Haven't done any wiring yet so I didn't have OD or lock up but it was fun. Posted a vid on our Facebook yesterday.

Just pulled some photos off my phone.

I was able to use most of our Mega Twin manifold. I just had to modify the inlet section and build a custom driver side intercooler tube to better clear the battery tray.
IMG_3366.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3372.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

Finished an coated Pusher Green.
IMG_3533.jpg

On its way to it's first donuts. Ride height is about where I'd want it with no body kit. Once we add the SRT10 kit I might have to drop it more.
IMG_3543.jpg

Rear SRT bumper cover is here, needed it to get the exhaust in the right place.
IMG_3403.jpg

There was an all truck event at PBIR (Palm Beach International Raceway) a few weeks ago. I got coerced into trailering the truck down there even though it had about 10 miles on it. A few people shot some video, I found this one on Instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/mu1931xjNg/#

Best that day was a 12.46. Not bad for a truck with zero tuning that was built to be more of a fun fuel mileage truck. I'm thinking 11s are possible without major changes.

Last week I had to meet a customer at another local track so I put the truck on the trailer (hadn't been touched since the last outing). Ran about 4-5 times and got a 12.35 second pass.

I can only leave at about 8 PSI or I'll spin the slicks and the truck is running out of RPM at the top end. I think we're going to swap in some 3.21 gears in place of the stock 3.90 when we get some time in the next week or two.

Oh yeah, the truck weighed in at 5150 pounds (no driver, no tail gate, no rear bumper, slicks, half tank of fuel) according to the track scale. I'm going to get a "second opinion" at a truck stop scale because that seems a little light.

Back