2007 5.9 has miss after re man injectors

96ex-cabcummins

i have a 2007 5.9 with a smarty, exhaust, and CAI. the smarty is always on setting 3. a few months ago i had noticed a intermitten miss. one night the truck lost power and a code for bank one injectors came up. i pulled the injectors and had them tested. all of them tested bad and i bought 6 re mans. 4 days of driving it and it had a worse miss then before. i pull them again they checked them and said two were sticking and sent me two more. after a month of driving it, the miss is still there sometimes and im not sure what to do. i dont want to get upset at the shop im going through if it is another issue like wiring harness or ecm or something in the cp3. plus i dont want to just throw money at it until its fixed. i dont have a fuel system but i run a good fuel filter and the truck has 124000. any advice would be appreciated.

Don't want to upset the shop your going thru? Is that supossed to be joke?

You should have bought new one injectors in the first place and you would have saved yourself the time and potential damage if it hasn't already been damaged by faulty injectors.

Take them all out and demand that all 6 be replaced. Or a credit be given towards NEW injectors

Last edited:
i said i dont want to get upset without knowing for sure they are to blame because i use this shop alot and dont want to burn bridges. i was thinking of doing that but im not sure they will do anything but want to send them back out to be checked. but that will probably be my only route. you dont think it could be any other problem causing the issue?

and that is the reason I tell people not to get reman injectors. I have lost so much time and money from the da$$ things its not even funny!!

Is the shop you use competent on common rail diesel fuel systems? Do they have

lookin back now i should have just bought new. the shop is a diesel shop and they build pulling trucks speacializing in cummins. but they send them out to another company for testing and replacing. i think i will call monday and get the name of the shop they send them to. ive always been treated good there but this is rediculous if i have to pull them again.

so if i pull them out and demand they replace them, is there a possibility something else on my truck is causing the issue. the reason im asking for info is because i dont want to be an a** and find out its something else.

Did they install the injectors or did you install them?
Were the fuel filters replaced and the fuel system, post filter, flushed before the injectors were installed?
Were the connector tubes replaced?
Has the CP3 been tested and inspected?

Last edited:
Okay so it's a shop that sells parts. Not an injection shop. That clarifies a few things. I figured you bought these injectors from an actual injection shop.

Your first step is to test all the injectors. And there probably is not much else to cause your problems you are having.

And when I said demand that all 6 be replaced I was directing that towards the injection shop. So go to the place where you bought the injectors from and have them get in touch with the injector supplier and demand that all 6 be replaced or a credit towards NEW injectors be awarded.

Last edited:
@lee, i installed them, the filters were changed, the cp3 wasnt tested but i have good rail pressure, the rail and all the lines were flushed and the connector tubes arent new. ive read of some guys having issues because of the fca i think it is.

@gibson, yeah i wasnt clear enough about that. but thats what i would like to do, get credit towards new ones. so this will probably be the route i take. thanks.

I have the same year truck and had the same problem.....ended up replacing EVERYTHING and the problem is gone.
I know that the injector wiring harness can go bad and make the truck do some crazy stuff. New one is $115 shipped from Geno's, good luck.

Back