2007 F-350 using oil

Cummins016spd

Justin
Driver complains its using oil, I checked the oil and it had the correct amount, and I didn't see any sign of diesel or coolant in the oil. If it is using oil what is the cause? I've dealt with diesel in the oil or coolant in the oil...no sign of oil residue in degas jug..no sign of oil leaks either..thanks for any advice

Check the ccv it goes in preturbo. Stupid question: Is he just smelling the oil burning or is the truck loosing oil?

I'm guessing it's losing oil...this is a company truck, standard, flat bed with tool boxes down both sides, it's a pos lol..it wouldn't be the first time one of the drivers wrote up something like this just trying to get them in a new truck..#6 injector was dead at idle and didn't get much better when I did a power balance...so I replaced it and drove it about 20 miles and let idle for over 30 minutes and the oil didn't drop at all..I'm gonna drive it again today or tomorrow and check the oil level again...thanks btw

I try. I understand the guys at the shop have the same opinions. If it's a pos they will make stuff sound worse than it is to get gone. Good luck. If anything else just ask.

I didn't really get a Chance to mess with it but I will let you know if I need any other advice thanks.

Back