2007 NHRA Season Began......

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
with alot of broken parts, and a spectacular crash! Hillary Will totalled her rail. Racers were experiencing cylinders dropping and motors popping, a greasy track that many slipped and slided down, got out of the groove and unloaded the engines and had cylinders dropping out. :woohoo:

It was an awesome opening season. Father and daughter Force both got taken out in the first round!:kick:

It came down to JR Todd in Top Fuel beating out a tire shaking young Bernstein in the final.

In Funny Car Robert Hight beat Scelzi to the stripe, but was DQed when he crossed the center line- handing the win to Scelzi:bang It looked like Hight had a full length on Scelzi too.

In Pro Stock, The Professor looked sharp, but not sharp enough as he was taken out in early. Anderson took out Dave Connolly in the semis to advance to the final, where he faced Greg Stanfield. It was Anderson at the stripe over Stanfield in a close race down the strip, Anderson had about a foot on Stanfield.....

Now they move on to Phoenix.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

RacinDuallie said:
with alot of broken parts, and a spectacular crash! Hillary Will totalled her rail. Racers were experiencing cylinders dropping and motors popping, a greasy track that many slipped and slided down, got out of the groove and unloaded the engines and had cylinders dropping out. :woohoo:

It was an awesome opening season. Father and daughter Force both got taken out in the first round!:kick:

It came down to JR Todd in Top Fuel beating out a tire shaking young Bernstein in the final.

In Funny Car Robert Hight beat Scelzi to the stripe, but was DQed when he crossed the center line- handing the win to Scelzi:bang It looked like Hight had a full length on Scelzi too.

In Pro Stock, The Professor looked sharp, but not sharp enough as he was taken out in early. Anderson took out Dave Connolly in the semis to advance to the final, where he faced Greg Stanfield. It was Anderson at the stripe over Stanfield in a close race down the strip, Anderson had about a foot on Stanfield.....

Now they move on to Phoenix.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I was their, I made 87 runs then took the banana award for my perseverance and great work ethics

Banana Award?? :hehe: dare I ask?

Does anyone care to make any predictions on who the winners will be at the close of the season?

Ashley has the best teacher in the buisness, with her dad, John, 14 time champion.:bow: :bow: :bow: She should have GREAT success! I heard that the money she earned on their reality T.V. show, Driving Force, was put directly into her race program.:rockwoot: That's a girl with prioroties!!:rockwoot: And looks to match!:woohoo:

Ashley is hot and I've been a John Force fan for about 20 years... but I think they're over-doing the Ashley talk, interviews, etc.... Maybe I've been watching too much "DrivingForce"... :hehe:

trik396 said:
Ashley is hot and I've been a John Force fan for about 20 years... but I think they're over-doing the Ashley talk, interviews, etc.... Maybe I've been watching too much "DrivingForce"... :hehe:

Now really....is there such a thing as too much Ashley and Driving Force?

You will not find a better person then John Force ;
I have been privileged to know John and team for years, starti when I crewed on the Uttered Nonsense fuel Funny car of Brent and Vicky Fanning . The first time I met John Force , I was sent to get 20 gallons of Nitro from them when we were match racing John at Thunder valley in OK city.

I walked in to the pits and asked to borrow 20 gallons of nitro, not go get it as Brent told me lol. I asked this of Austin Coil, from out of no where John stormed out of the trailer and started yelling about they don’t loan anyone anything and especially Brent Fanning.

I felt about 2 inches tall when I finally crawled back to our trailer. I was beginning to tell Brent, who is his normal dairy farmer ways never changed expressions, as I was covered with about a mountain of blower belts, which suddenly came from behind and surrounded me.

It was John, and Crew as the brought 4 drums of fuel and a train of two wheelers loaded with new clutch disk and you guessed it 3 dozen blower belts which I was wearing. John loves to kid, and over the next few years’ kid he has. The reason , was that at this Match Race John was being paid about 5 times what Brent was , and one other important reason ,Brent was Johns test driver , when John was to busy to be at the track. The clutch disks were to be run one pass in the Utter Car to scuff them in, and given back to Team Force.

The Race before, John had told the Fanning’s that they deserved parts from him for all that they did to help team Force , and if someone ever asked to borrow again , something funny was going to happen . Since then John has meted out his humor on me a hundred times, some funny, and some even funnier.

John has handed me an old Blower belt, on many occasions t for a long time after that. John keep one in the tow van in the staging lanes and when He saw me in the lanes here came the belt, kind of like toss the ring and I was the peg . One of his best was an attempt to get me settled down before the first round at the NHRA world Finals in Pomona in 2000; I was in a points chase and could secure a top 5 spot and a gold card with a win. My G. M. PERFORMANCE parts D/ED was having one of it best weekends, it was capable of a .60 under pass, @ 7.55 at will, I held back in qualifying to get a better draw first round, and inadvertently wound up on the bottom half of the ladder, and paired up against Jimmy Defranks , former world Champion in Super Stock , who was running comp that year. Well , up comes John, saying Tough pick and asked if I wanted to trade rides , because it look like I was constipated ,and should be having fun ,this in front of a small crowd, he then crawled in to my dragster , and invitingly launched the parachute , he was apologetic ,and even helped pack the chute ,

I bulbed anyway .498 red that round, but made a run at it. In any case John Force is one of the most generous racers out there, and remembers when he started. Never forgetting a face , even if there is no name attached to it .

Last edited:
Fletcher said:
I was their, I made 87 runs then took the banana award for my perseverance and great work ethics
Did ya see anyone running around the pits, patting themselves on the back??:poke:

Well Damn.

This weekend Ashley Force and her pop got taken out early again.....

Gary Scelzi was a first rounder too.

And Warren Johnson got tree-d badly- ending up being put on the trailer early again !!!

Was very exciting to see Mopar driver Ritchie Stevens roll the dice with a perfect RT-.000 !!!!

Another interesting tidbit- how did those drivers like driving through a 'pothole just off the launch?? The right lane had a decent sized pothole that many of the Topfuel teams had to drive through and it seemed to end many drivers day when their rails became jittery after the pothole:bang :bang :bang

And my spy's told me NO BANKS truck present at this event either.......

Last edited:
LOL I gotta lookie on the NHRA site for clips..... LOL

* just looked no vid of the perfect RT by Richie Stevens- but he did get best RT of the event.

Last edited:
The Gators came and went

In Pro Stock action it was Warren Johnson once again a first round loser. He was taken out by Matt Scranton with Scranton taking the win over WJ with a 6.599@209.01 over WJ's 6.652@209.62. Wonder when the Professor is gonna show up again?:eek:wned:

Other Pro Stock action Greg Anderson :bow: had the car to beat, in first round he set the pace by turning up a National Record with a 6.536@211.20

He chopped his way to the final where he faced off with Larry Morgan. Morgan had Anderson off the line but soon had to abort his run, it was Greg Anderson for the win, with a 6.577@211.06 over Morgans aborted run of 8.076@118

In Funny Car:
John Force met his fate again as a first round loser. One wonders if he has his mind on other things as he has not been the same since his daughter Ashley Force started competing in F/C.....:bang

Ashley Force finally got out of the first round with a win 4.780@315.49 her RT is still not there with a 0.149 but she won the round for a second round appearance. Her second round was little to be desired as she met up with Phil Burkart Jr. She was DQed for getting way out of the groove and ending up tagging the wall, handing the win to Burkart Jr.

The Funny Car final came down to Ron Capps squaring off against Phil Burkart Jr. And Ron Capps blistered against Burkart Jr, taking the win with a 4.773@323.27 over Burkart Jr's 4.876@316.

Top Fuel final had Larry Dixon making his first final round appearance for the 2007 season against the 2006 T/F Champ Tony Schumacher....

Tony Schumacher yanked the win over Dixon with a 4.52@325.14 over Dixons losing 4.589@321.65

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Still no BANKS Truck.....

Last edited:
Apparently I had a conversation with John Force in the staging lanes once. I thought he was just another ole redneck at the races........

Back