2010 auto trans issues

northernslope

lookin for snow eh!
What in the 2010 trans makes it not just a swap to a built trans? I have only found Suncoast offering a upgraded trans and computer. After doing some engine mod work its only a matter of time on the stock trans tried to search a little and haven't found to much info thanks in advance

The 68rfe is still kinda new in the affermarket world from what I've been hearing the tcm is the tough part on these things everything else is basically the same I believe but there is more than just suncoast thst has them either but they are the best on the market as of now

Trying to get in touch with the trans ecm guy that Suncoast uses but he's in michigan and never answers the phone

ATS is in the "testing stage" of their Co-Pilot transmission controller for the 2010 Ram.

Should be out soon. A friend of mine is waiting to get it for his truck.

What in the 2010 trans makes it not just a swap to a built trans?

Well its the internal parts themselves. Most of the parts are stamped steel. It cost to much to billet everything. Problem is when you upgrade one part the others will break as so on. You can get an upgraded trans with billet internals but it will cost so money!

Far as aftermarket builders, DTT offers a few upgrades for the 68RFE. What I would like to see is a stand alone controller for 47/48RE for the 6.7L auto's. I got a fully built DTT sitting at my buddies ranch in the barn I wouls love to stick in my 6.7 auto.

Trying to get in touch with the trans ecm guy that Suncoast uses but he's in michigan and never answers the phone

He has been very busy the last few months trying to right some serious code for the 68rfe. Not sure what all has been accomplished but from what i hear its all good. Taking a trip to the cost next week for a tear down and inspection of my test unit.

Well its the internal parts themselves. Most of the parts are stamped steel. It cost to much to billet everything. Problem is when you upgrade one part the others will break as so on. You can get an upgraded trans with billet internals but it will cost so money!

Far as aftermarket builders, DTT offers a few upgrades for the 68RFE. What I would like to see is a stand alone controller for 47/48RE for the 6.7L auto's. I got a fully built DTT sitting at my buddies ranch in the barn I wouls love to stick in my 6.7 auto.

As for right now the test unit i am running in a daily driver is holding 900+ with no issues. The last thing to break was the input shaft. Up until now there has been no reason for anything else to be billet,only time will tell what the next piece will be.

There is a stand alone unit. The PCS. It allows you to run a 48re in whatever you want to put it in. We have two 6.7 trucks wth 48re's.

Good to see that they are making progress. I don't have faith my stock trans will make it threw mud season

Suncoast does not offer a tuned ecm in the 2010 and up dodges because the tcm and ecm are tied in together. The best they've got right now is a line pressure fooler from sonnax.

Suncoast does not offer a tuned ecm in the 2010 and up dodges because the tcm and ecm are tied in together. The best they've got right now is a line pressure fooler from sonnax.

Any idea what stock line pressure is on a 2010?

Chris

Any idea what stock line pressure is on a 2010?

Chris
Acctually I do know... If i remember correctly it was right at 150-160 lbs in between shifts. Of course reverse will double pressure, so with the tuning I'm running I'd say this thing could make upwards of 300lbs in stock form.

Acctually I do know... If i remember correctly it was right at 150-160 lbs in between shifts. Of course reverse will double pressure, so with the tuning I'm running I'd say this thing could make upwards of 300lbs in stock form.

Just trying to figure out if the H&S Overdrive tuning makes any change to the line pressure. With my WiTech pod data logging the line pressure, it's showing 165psi...

Tranny holds OK, but I don't think the converter likes the 175hp tune too much. I usually run on the 60hp just for the deletes and a little mileage.

Chris

Just trying to figure out if the H&S Overdrive tuning makes any change to the line pressure. With my WiTech pod data logging the line pressure, it's showing 165psi...

Tranny holds OK, but I don't think the converter likes the 175hp tune too much. I usually run on the 60hp just for the deletes and a little mileage.

Chris

Actually my overdrive clutches are what went first. I'm sure the converter was slipping but it was actually still working when the clutches burnt up. As far as the overdrive software, an extra five or so pounds is about right to still have smooth shifts with another 30 or so pounds (my setup) you know when it shifts...

That's not what the guy at Suncoast said when I talked to him?

So what are my options just the Suncoast trans and stay under 650 hp?

Last edited:
That's not what the guy at Suncoast said when I talked to him?

Well Ron at Suncoast told me a couple months ago that they would have tuning for the 2010-up ECM....but even though he was supposed to let me know when it was done, I've never heard a thing.

Pretty much how it goes owning a 2010-up...you get promised the world, and no one can deliver within the time frame they promise you.

Chris

So what are my options just the Suncoast trans and stay under 650 hp?

To be honest I would say you are still on borrowed time at those numbers. 68's are overheating and dying every day, built or not. They can promise you a lot with aftermarket parts, but there just isn't any room in these things.

Back